1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Maradona apologizes to England

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by 4His_glory, Feb 1, 2008.

1. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Maradona recently apologized for his famous "la mano de Dios" goal against England in the 1986 World Cup,

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/02/01/2152041.htm?section=world

Why? It was obvious that he used his hand, but a bad call was made and the goal stood. Argentina went on to win the game 2-1. Other games in all kinds of sports have been lost and won because of bad calls. It just happens. No need to apologize.

2. kturner25

kturner25 New Member

No need to apologize? His phrase "the hand of God" implies that God condoned his cheating. He knew he cheated when it happened, and England knew he cheated...anyone who watched the match or has seen the clear replays knows he cheated. His bragging about the bad call over the years is arrogant and wrong.

3. soninme

soninme New Member

I am scottish , and oh how i loved that goal , and i love watching it over and over , go Maradona , hahahahahahaha.:applause: :applause: :applause: