1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mark 3:29

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by OSAS, May 1, 2002.

1. OSAS

OSAS Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have been discussing this with many different folks, and getting different answers, as well as some saying that the many different answers apply to blaspheme the Holy Spirit. From suicide to giving satan credit for the miracles of Jesus, to using the H.S.'s name in vain.

I personally see it as simply "turning away" from salvation, ergo not having the want or need to be saved, thus condemning one to being "forever lost". But if one has been saved, and realizes the penalty is death, why would one blaspheme in the first place? And with one being "once saved, always saved", where does the unpardonable sin enter?

I realize this has probably been beaten to death here, but I was hoping for some input.

2. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Guy Vestal said
    ... Since I'm of those who believe in the once saved always saved this is not a problem... Am I worried about committing the unpardonable sin... No!

The author of this article is Elder Rittenhouse in December 1886 from the Gospel Messenger. He being dead yet speaketh... The Lord was merely informing his revilers that while sins, and all manner of sins, could be forgiven unto men through him, that there was no other salvation, and never could be forgiveness in any other way. Sin or blasphemy against the Holy God, or Holy Spirit, could not be forgiven. If our sins are not charged against the Son of man, and borne and cancelled by him, they cannot be forgiven; but all manner of sin and blasphemy laid upon him and charged to him as the sin-bearer of his people, is taken away in its penalties and consequences from them, and they experience the forgiveness of sins. The sins of those whom he represented are all laid upon him, and he bore them in his own body on the tree. On this ground they are justified. "For the transgression of my people was he stricken." If our sins were not laid upon him and borne by him, then they remain as sins against a Holy and Infinite Being, who cannot look upon sin, and there is no other way in which forgiveness can ever come... This just as true now as the day it was written... That's why I am once saved always saved!... Secured in Christ forever!... Brother Glen [​IMG]

3. hrhema

hrhema New Member

Jesus did not even remotely refer to what was posted earlier. Jesus said if someone said something against the Son of God it would be forgiven them but if they blasphemed the Holy Ghost it would not be forgiven.

It is so strange how people will twist and turn scriptures to fit their doctrinal beliefs. It is exactly what was stated by the writer of this post. Only a believer could blaspheme. This scripture refutes OSAS but of course it is twisted and turned in the explanation to try and fit this doctrine.

4. OSAS

OSAS Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    How does one "blaspheme the Holy Spirit" was the first question... Do you have an answer?

If they blasphemed, maybe they were never saved to begin with! And how can a believer blaspheme?
    Still waiting for an answer to the question...
    Then untwist it, and sort it out! What is the answer...?

5. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To the brethren of the OSAS doctrine there is no other answer and as the scriptures say upon him was laid the iniquity of us all. Thou shall bring forth a son and thou shall call his name Jesus and he shall save his people from their sins. Since this is the only plausible answer untwist the untwistable!... Brother Glen [​IMG]

6. OSAS

OSAS Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So the Pastor of my youth was correct...
    I truly believed, I was saved then, and I am still saved at this exact second. I believe it was the OSAS that brought me back home after 20 years. I was very afraid of being away so long, but when I came to my current church of attendance the Pastor there said it was that saving grace that led me back home, just like the Parable of the once lost son in the book of Luke. I came back only wanting to be the lowest of low, just to let me back was all I wanted.
    I was very scared about returning, but Pastor said Jesus was overjoyed to see me back home. I have never been happier in my life now that I have returned, Praise Jesus that he waited while I went astray...