1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mary Worshipers

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by mojoala, Jul 21, 2006.

1. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

The Pharisees had plenty of traditions and "real" things, and Jesus had some things to say about that.

When someone let's their "traditions" and "Symbols" take over, or even push aside their walk with Christ, then it becomes a problem. This can happen in any church, any person, but it happens more in churches such as the RCC that is steep in "traditions" and not so steep in Scripture.

If you want to be a RC, then by all means do it, no one is holding you back, or stopping you. You appear to be able to tell right from wrong, you appear to be able to do research and make up your own mind.

I don't know why you come here and post one thread after the other and want to "debate" people when you seem to have made your mind up.

Good luck in your walk with Christ.

Jamie

2. bound

bound New Member

Grace and Peace mojoala,

The best-man at my wedding was and is Russian Orthodox and I can tell you from personal experience that Orthodoxy rejects the Catholic Doctrine of the Immaculate Conception because they reject Original Sin which makes such a doctrine necessary in Catholic Theology.

If you can't take my word for it I would be happy to point you to forums which would articulate this very well from the horses mouth as it were.

regardless Peace and God Bless.

3. bound

bound New Member

Grace and Peace mojoala,

I can appreciate your desire to 'physically' encounter God but let me just say you're really going to miss Him if you try and find Him in 'smells and bells'.

Do me a real favor. Get your hands on a book by Watchman Nee "Spiritual Man" and read it. That is all I'm going to ask. Get that book and read it. It has nothing about Denominations within it but it does talk a great deal about encountering God personally.

You appear to be a man in search for God but please be careful where you look for Him. He is not in the thunder and lightning of the mightest storm or within the great earthquakes nor great fires but within the soft breeze which only lightly touches our cheeks. We our attention is distracted by the big things of this world we will miss it.

Thing 'little things' all the time.

Peace and God Bless.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The Scriptures have always been the final authority to God's people, both in the Old Testament and in the New Testament ages, and in every ages since. Only to those that reject Christ is it not God's final authority. If you study the first epistle of John carefully, John writes against a heresy called gnosticsm. The gnostics were like yourself. They knew better than the Bible. They were their own authority. They also lived before the church fathers that you refer to were even born. They were contemporary with the Apostle John. He writes against their doctrine. Thus the key word in the first epistle is know. The gnostics thought that they could know things experentially, mystically. John was an apostle. He starts off by saying:

1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
    --he heard Christ. He saw with his own eyes Christ. He looked (gazed upon) Christ. He touched him. He was a real person. And this is the one that he was declaring to his readers. John was an eye-witness. His knowledge was not mystical.

The Bible has always been the standard:

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
    DHK

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Do the opinions of sinful men matter more to you then the actual words of God?

6. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You need to start a thread on John 6 if you want to see the RCC doctrine "really" get blown out of the water from John 6!