1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matt Cooper to sing and reveal source in Treasongate.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ASLANSPAL, Jul 6, 2005.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, Travelsong, you are not retarded. I have a hard time following this one myself. If it wasn't for folks trying to slam Karl Rove I wouldn't be paying any attention to it. It's basically inside baseball about reporters and sources, etc.

2. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

This is abject fatuity, nothing more. You have provided us with your observation on their behavior, which does not constitute proof. Were you this upset when the "liberal media" was attacking President Clinton?

Ah, so free speech is the same thing as giving aid and comfort to the enemy? Interesting.....

What about the despicable acts of Mr. Novak? Is taking down a CIA operative and everyone associated with her "giving aid and comfort to the enemy?"
    What about Oliver North selling weapons to Iran? Would that be "giving aid and comfort to the enemy?"

3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Drudge is saying that Mrs. Wilson is the one who got her husband sent to Africa. She was no undercover CIA operative but some sort of desk worker in town who lived openly.

4. Sonjeo

Sonjeo New Member

from an article by David Corn

"Rove's overworked attorney, Robert Luskin, defends his client by arguing that Rove never revealed the name of Valerie Plame/Wilson to Cooper and that he only referred to her as Wilson's wife. This is not much of a defense. If Cooper or any other journalist had written that "Wilson's wife works for the CIA"--without mentioning her name--such a disclosure could have been expected to have the same effect as if her name had been used: Valerie Wilson would have been compromised, her anti-WMD work placed at risk, and national security potentially harmed. Either Rove knew that he was revealing an undercover officer to a reporter or he was identifying a CIA officer without bothering to check on her status and without considering the consequences of outing her. Take your pick: in both scenarios Rove is acting in a reckless and cavalier fashion, ignoring the national security interests of the nation to score a political point against a policy foe."
    Well the Whitehouse said that Rove never had anything to do with leaking the name but obviously Rove had SOMETHING to do with it so chalk one lie up for the Bush administration. And it is interesting how between Rove mentioning Wilsons wife to Cooper and Novak's comments a name materialized. Wilson' wife had one name and Rove should not get off here on a technicality. He should be fired or the very least resign. There seems to be no end to the scurrilous vindictivenss of the servants of money.

5. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/theblog/archive/craig-crawford/dirty-plot-or-accidental-_3946.html#comments

In other words, by making himself a protected source who loses that protection, Rove makes it easier for the government to use federal courts to target all leakers. This would give Machiavelli a migraine.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/thenewswire/archive/2005/07/trouble-at-the-white-hous.html
    QUESTION: Does the president stand by his pledge to fire anyone involved in a leak of the name of a CIA operative?

MCCLELLAN: I appreciate your question. I think your question is being asked related to some reports that are in reference to an ongoing criminal investigation. The criminal investigation that you reference is something that continues at this point.

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

David Corn is the flakiest left winger around. Why believe anything he would write about any Republican.

7. OldRegular

Good Judas! Isn't that an oxymoron?

Just who did Ed Meese blow the whistle on?

8. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

I am wondering......
    1. it is reported that Karl Rove referred to Valerie Plame as being "fair game" after her cover was blown by Robert Novak's article.

2.Presumably, Karl Rove would have known by then (as did everyone else) that she was an undercover CIA "operative", and disclosure of her name was illegal/immoral/unethical.

3. If he referred to her as being "fair game" after her cover was blown, does that not imply that he wasnt stunned (to say the least) by her status, and there is a good chance that he did know about her status beforehand

9. Sonjeo

Sonjeo New Member

David Corn is the flakiest left winger around. Why believe anything he would write about any Republican. </font>[/QUOTE]The same commentary is being written and reported elsewhere, this article just happened to articulate it best. Anyway,you are not supposed to just take people's word for it, you should analyze the content.

10. OldRegular

David Corn is the flakiest left winger around. Why believe anything he would write about any Republican. </font>[/QUOTE]The same commentary is being written and reported elsewhere, this article just happened to articulate it best. Anyway,you are not supposed to just take people's word for it, you should analyze the content. </font>[/QUOTE]I will take your word that Corn's comments were intended as opinion, not news. He certainly would never truthfully report the news about a Republican.

A question: How does the reader analyze the content of an article or commentary? I know how I analyze it, I look at the author.

Also you never did say who Ed Meese blew the whistle on.

11. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

David Corn is the flakiest left winger around. Why believe anything he would write about any Republican.</font>[/QUOTE]I don't believe that you read anything he writes anyway......

See previous comment....

12. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

Breaking news! now its Matt Coopers fault?
    wow! are we getting spin from all sides on this.
    One thing I observe is it smart for Roves
    Attorney to attack Cooper the day before he
    testifies before the grand jury.

Rove needs to take responsibility he is lashing
    out in all directions now trying to survive like
    a vile demon being exorcised.

http://www.nationalreview.com/york/york200507121626.asp

Hey! Karl loose lips sink ships...someone should
    yank your security clearance now!

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If it would shut up the liberals I would urge Rove to resign. Unfortunately, his resignation would simply give the liberals a political scalp and the taste of political blood between their teeth and they would simply go bonkers in their attacks even more than already do.

14. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

KenH you just made the admission that someone
    bad for the country should stay in office to
    spite a political group??

So are you advocating something bad for the country continue in office and on what moral
    ground ..it is clear to me he has lied at least to
    the President and Scott McClellan.

This from John Stewart the Daily show to put it in perspective
    ;)
    http://movies.crooksandliars.com/The%20Daily_Show_Rove_Leak.wmv

15. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Whoever identified Plame (and thereby gave our enemies valuable intelligence against us) should be stripped of citizenship and deported.

That being unconstitutional, we will have to content ourselves with existing laws.

I agree, Rove will probably escape formal punishment. He is powerful, and knows where the bodies are buried.

But we can push to expose as much of the slime as possible.

16. Sonjeo

Sonjeo New Member

"A question: How does the reader analyze the content of an article or commentary? I know how I analyze it, I look at the author."

For the most part you should not look at the author unless you are dealing in bare statistical fact. Of course you can analyze rationale and reasoning, you do it every day, I hope. Instead of just taking someone's word for it, whether it is your leaders or your peers it is best to abandon that mental laziness and get used to thinking for yourself.

"Also you never did say who Ed Meese blew the whistle on"

Since you insist, The Reagan administration on Iran Contra. You know that.

17. Sonjeo

Sonjeo New Member

Isn't the truth more important than a technicality. The truth is if Rove names Valerie Plame he names Wilson's wife. If Rove names Wilson's wife he names Valerie Plame. Either way, under the right conditions, an undercover agent is dead. The law was written to keep CIA agents alive not so lawyers can get people like Rove off the hook. At the very least incompentence means Rove should be gone. That is the truth.