1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthew 13, 10-17 parable

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by TisMe, Jun 14, 2013.

1. TisMe

TisMe New Member

Hello brothers and sisters in Christ. I have a question for you. I was wondering if you all may be able to help me with the parable In Matthew chapter 13 verse is 10 through 17. I understand to most this parable may be quite simple, however from my experience I've realized The importance of getting everybody's idea on the matter and perhaps Learning something new that I did not know about it. Thank you all in advance for your help

#1 TisMe, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2013
  2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I read a variety of versions and sometimes reading one like the New Living Translations helps me with the ease of understanding.

Here's what Jesus sais about his parables:

For someone who has a fierce desire to understand the things of God and to know and grow and submit to His wisdom - a parable is good way to create understanding and to keep Godly principles in your memory bank.

For someone who is interested only in facts, opinions, but not really the truth - a parable won't really mean anything to them except a nice little story with little personal meaning.

To me, Jesus is saying that He is using a method of teaching that effectively imparts discernment to those who have "ears to hear".