1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured matthew 22 Parable wedding Feast/many called few chosen!

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by DaChaser1, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Forest

Forest New Member

Those that enter in the strait gate, are the ones who have been revealed the truth of what Christ accomplished on the cross and are entering into his visiable church. The life that the narrow way leads to is not eternal life but the abundand life we can have here in this world. God only calls his elect. All that he calls are also predestinated, justified and glorified, Rom 8:30, so if he calls all mankind then all mankind will be predestinated, justified and glorified, and I don't think other scriptures would agree with that thought.

2. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Are these verses in your bible? Did someone blot them out with white-out? Or did someone come in and erase them?

1 Corinthians 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Romans 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

You have just spit in the face of every God-called preacher, missionary, laymember, etc.

How do you handle this?

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

The Great Commision is God's way of bringing the Sheep into the Sheepfold, body of Christ, the Church, of which Jesus is the Head. You have not only spit in the face of the Disciples, but also in Jesus' face.

3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

To the Admins. & Mods here on BB:

How much longer is the HOGWASH going to be tolerated on here?????????

4. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

God saves us one time, and one time only. The rest of this is utter baloney.....:BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

5. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

W/O faith, it's impossible to please God.

We are saved by Grace through faith.

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I think this is an example of some form of hyper hyper Calvinism. Again, I've not seen one scholar teach this doctrine and it is certainly not found in Scripture. Forest stands alone.

7. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

primitive baptist, that the Lord elects/regenerate independent of any need of "saving faith" as its up to the Lord directly to save his own!

No need to evagelise, as God will harvest His own!

8. marke

marke New Member

Being cast into outer darkness where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth is not talking about Christians who have failed to enter the strait gate of high, holy agreement with some form of Calvinistic doctrine.

9. Forest

Forest New Member

As I have stated before, if you apply all salvation scriptures to eternal salvation you will never be able to understand the truth. Most salvation scriptures are pertaining to timely salvations and not eternal. God choose his elect before the foundation of the world and gave them to Christ that he would reconcile them back to him. Eternal salvation, and the security of an everlasting life with him in heaven took place on the cross. There has not been one soul saved eternally sense Christ's work on the cross. The inspired scriptures were not written to the unregenerate, but to God's elect for instructions as to how they should live their lives here on earth. The preachers obligation is to feed the flock (God's sheep) and not to save anyone to eternal life, Christ has done that already. The great commission is not found in the scriptures, but if you are meaning, Mark 16:15, speaking to his apostles, Go ye into all of the world and preach the gospel to every creature, it has already been fulfiled in Col 1:23, Be not removed away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and WHICH WAS PREACHED TO EVERY CREATURE WHICH IS UNDER HEAVEN; All of the scriptures that you have presented are pretaining to God's elect and to actions they sould take to be delivered (saved) from things of this world. Only the elect will call upon God. The natural man thinks everything that is of a spiritual nature is foolishness, and he cannot descern them because they are of a spirityal nature and the natural man is not in posession of the Spirit. 1 Cor 2:14. Ps 10:5. Being baptised does not save a person eternally, but it does save (deliver) him from a guilty conscience, 1 Pet 3:20-21, Noah was not saved eternally by surviving the flood but was delivered from drowning in the flood, the like figure of baptism. As I said at the begining, if you apply all salvation scriptures to eternal salvation, you will never understand the truth.

10. Forest

Forest New Member

Through who's faith? It is through Christ's faith and not our faith if you are refering to eternal salvation, GaL 2:16 (FAITH OF cHRIST). Like I said our faith can deliver (save) us many times here in this world, but our faith cannot save us eternally. You must learn to divide the salvation scriptures or you will never understand the truth.

11. Forest

Forest New Member

Instead of hollering at the Admins & Mod's to kick me off of the forum, why don't you just tell me how you interpret the scriptures that I present to you. I explain the scriptures that you present to me. Isn't that what a debate forum is?

12. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No, when you understand Scripture speaking of salvation as salvation - eternal salvation as the ONLY salvation, you fully understand the truth. It is not confusing. It is actually very clear.

Show me one verse that states that the salvation is not eternal.

You are so far deluded, it is not even worth going point by point. Forest, I will pray for you.

13. Forest

Forest New Member

No, Ann, I do not stand alone. There are others that understand the truth the same as I do, but I will admitt we are small in number, The little flock, the few, the remnant, isn't that how Christ's church is described? Didn't Christ get the same critisisem in his day?l

14. Forest

Forest New Member

If you want to put a name to it, it is GOD'S GRACE. God is soverign, he doesn't need the help of man.

15. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No He did not. Christ did not go against the Father.

16. Forest

Forest New Member

Is this your explaination of Romans 8:30?

17. Forest

Forest New Member

And neither do I, Ann.

18. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Trust me, you do. You completely go against His Word. :tear:

19. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

What does Christ have to have faith in? He is God, yes? Faith is trusting in something we can not prove. It's the evidence of things not seen. What has Jesus not seen? Christ needs faith in nothing, period.....

20. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Ah yes, the "persecuted for Christ" card. I told a person in a PM a few days ago that this would be stated after you were defeated.