1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

McConnell Wants to Give Obama All Authority to Make Budget Cuts

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by InTheLight, Feb 27, 2013.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mitch McConnell, Seante minority leader is proposing that the authority of making spending cuts be given to President Obama for the rest of the fiscal year (through Sept.) I guess the Republicans are tired of getting beat up in the public relations wars so they decided to throw in the towel and let Obama make the cuts.

Days before the March 1 deadline, Senate Republicans are circulating a draft bill that would cancel $85 billion in across-the-board spending cuts and instead turn over authority to President Barack Obama to achieve the same level of savings under a plan to be filed by March 8.

The five- page document, which has the tacit support of Senate GOP leaders, represents a remarkable shift for the party. Having railed against Senate Democrats for not passing a budget, Republicans are now proposing that Congress surrender an important piece of its Constitutional “power of the purse” for the last seven months of this fiscal year.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/...fting-power-to-obama-88149.html#ixzz2M8HOzGVx

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can't put my finger on why ... I can't explain it ... but this does NOT seem like a good idea....