1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

McDonalds

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by Emily25069, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emily25069

Emily25069 New Member

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since this is from WND it probably isn't true.

3. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It probably is true. I just recieved an email today from the American Family Association asking us to call our local McD's and complain, and to email the company.

Ironic that Christian business aren't supposed to "discriminate" against homosexuals, but it's ok for non-Christian owned businesses to push the gay agenda in our faces. What a double standard.

4. Emily25069

Emily25069 New Member

hmm

I assumed that WND would be a reputable source.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not serious.

6. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    While I oppose McDonalds actions I must ask you folks a question: What do you expect from the world?

I am afraid that Christians are shocked by this kind of junk because we have forgotten that the world is fallen and filled with fallen people. We need to get back to the Scriptures and realize that the lost people who fill the world are dead in their sins (Eph 2:1), children of wrath (Eph 2:3), children of the devil (1Jn 3:8), and will not inherit the Kingdom of God (Gal 5:19-21, 1Cor 6:9-10). Therefore unless, or until, McDonalds becomes a Christian owned company these kind of things must be expected as the norm. In fact, I suspect that over the next few years more and more businesses will go in the same direction. That is why we are to be "in" the world but not "of" the world. We have to live with it but we should not become part of it. What does that mean? It means that Christians should be different. Should Christians goto Walmart, McDonalds, and other such businesses? Of course we can (see Romans 14 & 15, 1Cor 8). After all they have wonderful sweat tea.

As for calling local McDonalds resturants, which I believe are locally owned, that is a waste of time. Nothing anyone says will change their minds one way or the other. Social activism on the part of Christians rarely works. Why? Because we are not of the world and the world does not listen to the Word of God or to us.

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If it's from AFA...it's definately not real ;)

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Excellent post :thumbs:

Siblings in Christ: THE WORLD ACTS LIKE THE WORLD. ACCEPT IT.

9. guitarpreacher

guitarpreacher New Member

I've been boycotting MacDonalds pretty much my entire life. Nothing to do with any moral issues, just that their food is awful.

10. Emily25069

Emily25069 New Member

11. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course the world will act like the world. But that doesn't mean we should roll over and play dead while the homosexual perverts take over. I'm not going to purposely spend money at McD's knowing they have promised to use their profits to promote evil. It's called being a good steward.

I agree that social activism isn't as sucessful as spreading the gospel. I also know that big companies are based on the almighty dollar, and if enough people would hit them in the pocketbook hard enough, it could make a difference.

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If you are going to be consistent...you are going to have to boycott everyone, as you will find something behind every company in America. You will need to live in a tent and grow your own food (but then again, there is probably something behind the tent maker, too)

13. Emily25069

Emily25069 New Member

Well Webdog, I'll consider doing that. Its not a half bad idea.

Just joking. My inconsistancy doesnt bother me.

You go ahead and keep on supporting folks who are completely open about supporting the gay agenda, and I'll go ahead and be inconsistent by your standards.

We'll be just fine.

Chuckle.

#13 Emily25069, Apr 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2008
  14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Since you think you can control what happens to every dollar that leaves your possession...good luck with that. It makes no difference if one openly supports something you don't agree with, or does it in private...if you support either you are a hypcrite by your own standards.

I don't go to McDonalds to support homosexuals. I go to McDonalds to buy a double cheeseburger. What McDonalds does with their money after it leaves me is between McDonalds and God. My conscience is clear. The funds you donate to charity or even your church can be abused in like manner.

15. Emily25069

Emily25069 New Member

You are right that I cannot control where every dollar I spend goes.

However, it would go against my conscience to spend money somewhere that I know openly supports such a thing. Since it would bother my conscience, it would be sin for me, so I wont do it.

Not to mention that fast food is something I could use less of anyhow.

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I can respect that answer. :thumbs:

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    An excellent point, webdog. :thumbs:

18. Timsings

Timsings Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Man, you just made me lose my appetite. I don't think I'm going to be able to look a Quarter Pounder in the face again. :D

Tim Reynolds

19. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's how I feel, too, Emily.

Webdog, you're right about being consistent. Right now I avoid several different businesses because they openly support homosexuality. Target, McD's, Home Deopt, and Home Goods are a few I can think of. I'm sure there are others out there, and if I find out that they also openly support the gay agenda, I'll add them to the list, that is, until there's no place left to shop and I'll be forced to buy from them. Looks like it's heading that way soon.:tear:

20. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh: Yuck! Sounds like another reason to avoid McD's! SWEAT tea! Thanks. I needed that laugh today.:laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.