1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ME and the Action of the BB Council

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

I appreciate those that have attempted to educate me on the so-called ME doctrine. I have read many posts by some of those evidently believing at least something close to what they are evidently being accused of, but had never really put it all together as some on the list evidently have. I will have to give the conflicting ideas some serious thought in order to really get a grip on the doctrine.

Let me say this as far as the Administrative Council post concerning the doctrine and their decision to revoke the membership of those they see as spreading what they feel is heresy. How can we affectively debate ideas if in fact some that are clearly held within the corpus of Christianity are considered as off limits? This is not a Sunday School, nor does it overshadow any church and their beliefs directly, but is a group of believers with differing ideas from different denominations, debating truth as each one sees it. If nothing else, it informs those such as myself, that do not have a firm grip on the notion of some doctrines such as ME, to be enlightened as to what it is, and what it is that they believe. It is in the end, advantageous to all and to the church as a whole to have such an open format for discussion and debate, away from the one on one personal contact within the church body itself. Have we learned anything from the attitudes of those that have either tried or accomplished the silencing of others views, even going as far as burning their books, banning them from society, or in many cases killing them?

There are plenty of venues for the lynch mob mentality to exist, and boy do they ever exist. This list has been a blessing to me in many ways, as I converse with so many of differing ideas. It allows me to discover, educate myself, and weigh out different ideas. It allows me the opportunity to sharpen my abilities in refuting ideas I end up believing are contrary to the Word of God. It sets in place the opportunity to practice the Scriptural admonition to be ready to give to everyman an answer to the hope that lieth within me.

Certainly with a list such as this, there will always be those that differ with the Council that runs the list. As I understand it, this portion of this web site was developed to allow debate between differing denominations. It should not surprise anyone to find ideas here contrary to their own, and as such contrary to the way one interprets Scripture. I would hope that the governing Council might reconsider their actions, and allow this opportunity of freedom of expression and debate to continue as it has in the past on this one single portion of this web site in spite of what might be viewed by some as the ‘down side of debate.’ Who knows? Possibly those that have erred from the truth may just receive the impetus for rethinking their position due to the generosity of the Council members allowing them to contribute openly without reprisal.

I have heard some say that no one has changed their minds about anything due to the participation on this list. If in fact that is the case, odds have it that those one might even consider ‘heretical’ will influence no one, and that by allowing them to air their views in this format may in the long run prove effective in sharpening the skills of others to refute what they deem as error.

Would it be so difficult, on this one solitary portion of the board, to take the approach shared with us in the NT, that if it really is of God no one can stop it, and if in fact it is not, it will come to an end anyway? If open and honest debate and discussion is what is really desired on this one portion of the board, I can see merit in reversing the Councils decision and allowing all to freely voice their opinions if it is done decently, in order, and with a good spirit, allowing God to be the final judge.

I am grateful to this list, and the opportunity to learn and interact among God’s people. I wish to thank all responsible for making this one portion of the site available to us all. May God bless your insight, patience, and generosity, and may you have the vision to continue the mission as it was evidently established. . Thank you.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Teaching two salvations is heresy.

3. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

Was there ever a good council in the Bible?

What I don't understand is why Seventh Day Adventist doctrine can be spread on here, and ME can't be dicussed.

Baptist heritage is one of freedom, freedom of conscience and soul liberty.

My opinion on ME is not fully established, and this can be seen by my personal lack of responses on the ME threads. I am however, fully persuaded that libery of conscience should be allowed, specifically concerning doctrinal discussions and the like. I strikes me as contradictory and hypoctritical that a "council" has been set up to tell the masses what is false doctrine and heresy (nicea, trent, etc).

4. standingfirminChrist

Since the 'council' is basing their decision on true Biblical teaching, I see nothing wrong with them banning those who spread such a heretical doctrine.

Others who are not saved may read through these posts and be led astray by the heresy. If the BB allows it to go on, are they not just as guilty for spreading it?

I say all threads that have to do with ME need to be deleted as well so others are not caught up in it.

5. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: If I was a benevolent dictator running a board, it might take an HP interceding for you to keep me from banning you. :smilewinkgrin:

6. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

SDA doctrine is only allowed in the "other denoms" section. Since the ME's claim to be Baptist they have not been restricted to that section. But what they teach and actually push is outright heresy.

If someone came on this board and pushed a doctrine that denied the deity of Christ, would you accept that? I hope not.

There has to be rules and guidelines for what is and is not allowed. This topic of ME has been debated hotly for weeks now. It has been shown without a doubt that it is a false doctrine. This is not just a difference of opinion in doctrine. ME proponents deny the all sufficiency of Christ's blood to remove sin. They believe in a Baptist purgatory for saved believers in which unfaithful believers will spend 1000 years in hell, outerdarkness, lake of fire being punished for their sins.

If you want to see it for youself, just do a search of the BB for these discussions. You can also Google Joey Faust and see for yourself what they believe since that is who they follow.

What does the Bible teach about false doctrines and false teachers? I think you know.

I will be glad to see them go and make no apologies for it.

7. Heavenly Pilgrim

Come on Amy. Be a little fair. Does one that believes we sin every day in thought word and deed believe in reality that the blood of Christ ‘removes sin,’ or does it just place blinders over the eyes of God so He cannot really see who we really are? If our sins are removed, what are they still doing hanging around? 1Jo 2:29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that ‘every one that doeth righteousness’ is born of him.

8. Cutter

Cutter New Member

It's funny. I started a thread called "heresy" a couple of weeks ago that refuted such teaching and the thread was closed, because it was considered ______________.
    You fill in the blank. Now the Administrators are planning on banning them!
    Glad you guys came around to my way of thinking. :thumbs:

9. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

I feel the same about Calvinism, works salvation, the idea you can lose salvation, MV's, purpose drive balogney, and the like. But, if the JW's wanna knock on doors in my town, we let em. Why? B/c we want to be able to knock on doors as well.

10. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

They didn't run them out of town. If you want a free for all, where anything goes, including atheism, buddism, islam, ect. kind of board, you need to go find it.

11. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Oh, I wanted them banned ages ago.
    Their teaching is sickening.

12. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Let all of those that rejoice in the Truth of the Gospel, rejoice together!

13. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

ahh, they weren't run out, but now you are trying to run me out for supporting freedom of speech? Notice also, that have spoken of doctrine and Bible, nothing more. The free for all you speak of, insinuating what I want (when in truth this is a false accusation), has not been mentioned. But, if a atheist, bhuddist, muslim, etc wanted to discuss, then I have no issue. Didn't someone mention that we should remove ME due to the unsaved looking at this board? Now, if they are the above said, are they only allowed to look and not allowed to post?

Before you know it, sister, it will just be you and your gang, and all else will be "run out".

14. standingfirminChrist

Let us be careful not to take pleasure in their punishment on the board. We must pity them and pray that the Spirit open their eyes and reveal the truth to them.

15. standingfirminChrist

If we allow heretical doctrines remain so all can read, are we not saying the doctrine may not have been so bad after all?

Would you allow your child to bring a satanic bible into your house and leave it open on your coffee table for all visitors to see?

How about a book of witchcraft? would you allow that?

Why allow anything that portrays anything contrary to God's Word?

16. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

I also find it ironic that they are not allowed to post in regards to ME.. but this thread is allowed at the moment, in which much ME and ME'rs are being set in quite negative terms.

17. Cutter

Cutter New Member

2 John 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
    10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into [your] house, neither bid him God speed:
    11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

18. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

As I stated, calvinism, denying OSAS, MV's, works salvation, etc, are all heresy in my understanding. I am not the BB's child either. Once my child reached 18 or moves out, their choice of material and the such is just that, their choice.

19. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: I personally have not witnessed one “atheism, buddism, islam, ect.” on this board. If there has been, they must not have stayed long.

Are you counting those out of the kingdom who believe in ME? As for me, with the little understanding I have of the actual doctrine involved, I could not unequivocally say that. If they denied the Deity of Christ, I would have no problem placing them as a cult and as such outside of the kingdom. I certainly do not agree with what I understand at this juncture, but neither do I agree with many others on similar issues, ..........and I have not counted you out of the kingdom either. :)

20. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Amen!

2Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.