1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ME and the Action of the BB Council

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

What would you define the doctrine of Christ as?

2. standingfirminChrist

But if your child brought it into your house and left it for all visitors to see, would you let it remain?

3. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Need we be reminded of the following text as well? 2Pe 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

So are we to equate the ‘doctrine of Christ’ with your private interpretation of Scripture?

4. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

Of course, and if they wanted to know more about the heresy of it, I would tell them. (always looking for oppurtunity)

5. standingfirminChrist

And we have shown the proponents the heresy of the doctrine over and over again.

6. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

You are putting words in my mouth that I did not say. And you do not have the authority to count me out of the kingdom. :) I do not judge who is in the kingdom or who is not. That is not for me to say, but God's word clearly tells us to turn away from false teachers. That doctrine had no place on a Baptist Board being taught by people who "claimed" to be Baptist.

7. Heavenly Pilgrim

I for one, in this format, refrain from the word heresy in spoeaking of anothers views. Such language does nothing to enhance discussion or fair, open, and honest debate. Such language drives wedges and builds fences. I personally will leave the heresy accusations for another venue and another time.

8. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: I understand ones frustrations, and no one ‘likes’ to see doctrines taught contrary to what they feel is truth. Just the same, with the title of this portion of the site “OTHER Denominations” and “Debate” what can one expect? This portion is obviously not for all, but I believe it can teach us many things that other venues will not. Patience, kindness, brotherly (or sisterly) love, etc:)

9. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

No one has said you haven't.

#29 Bro. Williams, Aug 31, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2007
  10. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I believe the administrators did the right thing. That is my opinion.

11. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: See the multiple interactions with those you feel need the truth that have been accomplished by allowing those that disagree with you to freely express their views? :)

12. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

and we fully support your freedom to think such and your freedom to post such.

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

There is no such thing as total freedom of speech if you think of it. Read posting rules #3, and 4, and you will see that there are some limitations on "your" freedom of speech, especially on this board, and hopefully everywhere that you proclaim yourself to be a Christian.
    You haven't been here long enough to know the history of the board.
    There was a time when we did have a forum for atheists. We also had a forum for creation/evolution. The evolutionists were mostly atheistic. In both cases because we were over-run by atheists, whose agenda seemed to be nothing more than advertising and propagationg their "faith", we banned them all and reformatted the board. But we still had an "All other Religionns Section." In that section we still allowed all sorts of SDA's Roman Catholics, Church of Christ, Oneness Pentecostal, Universalists, avid followers of Watchman Nee, and others. We had to set some rules, especially when the Catholics that were posting were epologists--professional apologists from the RCC, trained in refuting fundamental Baptist doctine. They had to go, as they became a recruitment center for new Christians that didn't have their feet grounded in the Word of God. There are only one or two left. The rule is that they can stay as long as they don't actively promote their own doctrine. Didn't someone mention that we should remove ME due to the unsaved looking at this board?[/quote]
    The suggestion was once made that the ones advocating ME doctrine be relegated to the Other Christian Denominations Forum, which may have been a suitable compromise. But they were Baptists, and weren't going to accept that kind of compromise. Besides, when the RC's were banned shortly after the Oneness Pentecostal's were banned. It was then that we set up some standards by which we would either ban or admit members: Those who:
    --deny the deity of Christ,
    --deny the atonement of Christ, the sufficiency of his blood,'
    --deny His trinity
    --attack the person of Christ
    --attack the inspriation of the Scriptures,
    --and attack that basic doctrine of salvation by grace through faith,

would either be banned or not allowed to join or be banned if they have already joined. The few exceptions that have been made are longstanding members who have been here before those rules ever came into being.

Remember this is a Baptist Board. It is a privately owned board. All who register here are invited to do so on the premise that they agree to abide by the rules which they agree to when they register. It is a privielege and not a right. If you feel your "rights" are being violated yoiu are welcome to go elsewhere. That applies to one and all. Your fee you paid at the time of registration will be gladly refunded.
    Anyone has access to the board to read the posts, even the Satanists. They might even learn something.
    Nope, we have already been through too many battles already that we know that will not happen. Just remember that posting here is a privilege and not a right, and we won't have any problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.