1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Meaning of the Words "the Atonement"?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Jerry Shugart, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

Your answer was to my post, wherein I did ONE thing, to “listen” to, and to “form” / “base” 'my Church', i.e., 'my Proclamation', Confession and Witness, on ONE thing, which was and is, ‘formed by Jesus and the only True Church His Apostles’, viz., The Written Word of Jesus Christ and of his Apostles, the TEXT of the New Testament SCRIPTURES.

The Roman Catholic Church is the antichrist and the beast. And his spirit has been revealed and proven in your post already.

Come get me, in the Name of Jesus Christ my Lord; come and get me for his Name’s sake and FOR THE CAUSE OF TRUTH— BIBLE-TRUTH!

#61 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2011
  2. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

Have you got Dana and Mantey's Greek Grammar?

Or A.T. Robertson's?

Or Wenham's?

Or Blass and Debrunner's?

Or Moulton?

Etcetera hundreds, maybe thousands, I have never even heard of --- nor you, obviously.

But if you have Dana and Mantey, please read division 2 / 4, page 210.

I don't want to embarrass you too much in public.

I'm a kind ou, although most opponents blame me of being ill mannered and bad tempered. I like my reputation among them.

#62 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Dec 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2011
  3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

In doctrine you are NOTHING BUT a Seventh-day Adventist. You have improved a lot on them in the line of pretense though.

And I'll give my proverbial right eye had you not been a Seventh-day Adventist, and now ARE, an Ex-Seventh-day Adventist!

Look! you even had the spelling of their name, correct! A RARE phenomenon for any non-SDA!

#63 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Dec 9, 2011
  4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    But accept this little consolation from this bad guy, I also am an Ex-Seventh-day Adventist ... if it may help ...

5. lakeside

lakeside New Member

Please explain ;Why do you think the Catholic Church is the anti-Christ ?

6. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

Its history and heresies.

7. Jerry Shugart

Jerry Shugart New Member

GE, It is one thing to make unfounded accusations against others but it is an entirely different matter to back up those accusations with actual evidence.

Tell me what I said that led you to accuse me of being a Seventh-day Adventist in my doctrine.
    The only person who has been an embarrassment is you. And of course you never did tell us why anyone should believe that the word infinitive is not referring to the "mood" and not the "tense."
    "There are four moods in Greek. They demonstrate the relationship between the action of the verb and reality. They denote whether the action is factual, potential, wishful, or a command.

The Indicative Mood:
    This is the mood of assertion or presentation of certainty. The indicative mood is the only one to give designation concerning time (past, present, and future). The majority of all verbs used in the New Testament occur in the indicative mood" (Blue Letter Bible).
    "Mood" is not the same thing as "Tense."
    Again, the "subjunctive" was not used but instead the "infinitive" is used. But I am sure that that means nothing to someone who cannot distinguish between "tense" and mood."

#67 Jerry Shugart, Dec 9, 2011
  8. lakeside

lakeside New Member

It [ the Catholic/Apostolic Church] has been here from the time of the infusion of the Holy Spirit two-thousand years ago, of course mistakes were made ,[ if your church wasn't only invented a couple of hundred years ago ,it too would have black marks against it] some from being overly zealous and at other times individuals made some bad blunders ,but regardless of it's human mistakes [remember Jesus established a humanistic Church for sinners ] the Catholic/Apostolic Church defended and preserved the Orthodox Christian Faith along with its Holy Bible, and regardless of what you think of the Catholic Church along with admittedly the many mistakes made by the Catholic Church, it still was the Blood of Christ and the blood of many fallen Catholics that have given us the Christianity that we all are previledge to share in today.Don't take what i wrote wrong, I'm not comparing the blood of Catholics to the Blood of Christ, i'm trying to show that much blood was shed from Catholics that fought hard to preserve Christiananity from both heretics and the combative hordes of pagan and Muslim aggressors.