1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Media, Democrats Exaggerate Levee Warnings

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Mar 3, 2006.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Unfortunately your "documented evidence" comes from lying liars and the lies they tell.

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Well, considering that alot of it comes from government and United Nations sources and documents I would have to agree with your statement up to a point OR.

BTW, the PNACers, were they lying liars when they said in their own documents (Rebuilding America's Defenses page 14) that Saddam was just the immediate justifcation for a permanent roll in middle eastern "affairs"? That is an admission of premeditated imperial pursuit no matter how many times the "mainstream liberal media" chooses to ignore it or how many mountains of propaganda the neocons use to obscure it, nor does the meaning of it change because their supporters choose to simply deny the plain truth of it.

3. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually I don't.

OTOH, Are you excusing dishonesty? How many times must the knee jerk left be caught in blatant dishonesty before folks like you see it?

How many more occasions like this one that has been proven false or the NG story run by 60 Minutes?

The media is decidedly liberal and biased. It compares to a parent that writes articles about the local HS football team for the paper. He might wish to be neutral and objective... but he will always see one side as "his team".

Same with the media. They may sincerely desire to be objective... but they are way too quick to see the flaws in the other side, way too critical of the opposition's every move, and largely blind to the failings of the "home team".

4. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll take the truth and objective proof rather than persons... who happen to agree with my irrational disdain for a particular person.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Choose a side any side doesn't matter which side you choose just so long as you choose one. Left right d or r choose one and stay busy defending it into minutia and don't ever admit that both sides seek the same goal.

Divided we will fall you know that I know that and so do the elite and they are counting on it.

6. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Poncho, Is it possible that we can have a conversation without you attempting to push it into a discussion of your conspiracy paranoia? You know it is possible for you just to sit it out once in awhile.... We already know your answer to every current event is the supposed international conspiracy.

Humor us poor ignorant folks once in awhile and let us talk about what we would like to talk about. OK?

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

No Scott, it isn't possible for me to sit it out while you have a conversation based on the paranoia that only the democrats are out to get you and ruin this nation.

But, you are free to ignore me and all the evidence I provide that points to both parties being out to get you and ruin this nation. I think that's fair.

But,

wouldn't it be nice if everyone that disagrees with you would be banned or better put into jail for holding a different view leaving only you and those that agree with you the freedom to express your own demophobic opinions?

8. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't have such a paranoia. Liberals are openly asserting their ideas and are behaving accordingly. It is human nature to "clan" with those who are most like you... thus reporters simply like and trust Dems/liberals more than conservatives.

On your assertion- Dems have made no secret about their belief that private property actually belongs to the gov't if they think it can be used better than the individual has chosen... that includes property in all forms of wealth.

Liberals uniformly come down on the side of those who want to exercise freedom to rebel against social norms. That's fine... but what isn't fine is that they think others should bear the consequences whether we are talking about an unborn or a rich taxpayer.

I believe most liberals think they are doing the right thing and have a right to do it.

I don't know that I think many liberals believe the way they do for some malicious reason... I believe they are simply and sincerely wrong.

Why should we have to ignore it in every single thread though? Same tripe... doing nothing but eating up bandwidth. Why don't you be considerate enough not to repeat the same old mantras on every single thread since we have already heard you?

No. I don't think that at all. I think it would be nice if folks who just repeat the same things over and over... trying to shout everyone else down or else drown them in a flood of repetition... especially when they are expressing conspiracy theories that have little if any basis in evidence... would let others have a civil conversation about OUR opinions... not your's.

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Well Scott, I see you are still at it. Cheering on the war effort and the republican agenda without as you so much as having lifted a finger to do anything for this nation. Actually, between you and poncho, I vote for you dropping out of threads.

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The "liberals" are asserting it through a media owned and controlled by the elite and their conservative corporate advertizers.

This is true. But you seem to want avoid any and all discussion of the conservatives and republicans that have been forwarding the self same agenda through agreements like NAFTA GATT FTAA CAFTA and MEFTA the United Nations UNESCO and their partner organizations like the WTO WHO WEFORUM and NGO's and now public private partnerships. Unlike the democrats the repbulicans try to hide their complicity. How can one be both for and against the same agenda? That doesn't make sense.

Yes I've heard this before your brand of freedom is best because it regulates liberty in an orderly fashion. In other words you want to control freedom in a way that suits only your fancy. You would never dream of making others bear the consequences of your wishes and actions right?

You mean like increasing the size and power of government by over 50% and spending and debt to all time highs since 2000? And decreasing our national security by leaving the borders open to invasion by illegal drug and weapons runners terrorsists and unchecked immigration?

No argument here see above post.

Yet you call my posts tripe and doing nothing but eating up bandwidth? How considerate of you. I sit here and read endless mantras on liberals bad bush good when Bush has outdone even the most ardent liberals with his policies of big government and spending all the while supporting the self same agenda you say you are against. That doesn't needlessly eat up bandwidth when we could be talking about how to get back to being real conservatives instead of defending what ever it is we've morphed into?

Don't you support the Patriot Act and trading liberty for security?

When was the last time you actually read any of the evidence I have posted Scott? Be honest now, you've dismissed it all because there may some small amount of garbage in the groceries haven't you?

I've posted PNAC documents, even telling the pages that certain ideas expressed by them can be found. Did you read it? I've posted government documents and memos that shows our government planning to use problem reaction solution have you read them?

No I don't think you have. I think you have ignored it all because deep down you are afraid I just might be right.

C'mon now don't give me another song and dance because I've heard it all before and it's always the same. I don't have to read any government documents because I've already made up my mind that "conspiracy theorists" are all kooks and loonies.

I try to base my opinions on facts not others opinions about others opinions Scott. You should give it try some time. Whenever you can work up the courage that is. [​IMG]

11. OldRegular

I wonder if those on this Forum who believe in the inerrancy of the web believe in the inerrancy of Scripture! :D :D :D

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I wonder if those that believe everything on tv will ever sit down and read declassfied government documents.

13. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Doh!!!! Take THAT!!
    [​IMG]

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Interesting how the bad guy is portrayed on the right must be another one of those evil liberal animators at work eh? "We must all work together to smash the evil liberal conspiracy Obi Wan, while at the same time denoncing that that are any conspiracies at all". [​IMG]

A little comic relief. Thanks Johnv. ;)

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "The next day, Media Matters for America (MMFA), a liberal advocacy group that criticizes news outlets for their alleged conservative bias, took two of the country's largest newspapers to task for their coverage of the video. MMFA declared as fact that, "on the day before Hurricane Katrina made landfall, President Bush was warned - and expressed concern - over the possibility that the levees in New Orleans would be breached by the storm."

Notice how Media Matters, the spinmaster advocacy group for liberals, twists information and passes selective information off as "news".

And some people like to use them "news" source. They are a source alright, but not of news. Only liberal spin. :rolleyes:

16. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I prefer Media Research Center!

17. OldRegular

You mean like ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, and CNN, the Clinton News Network? I thought you got all your info from Move On.Org. I apologize poncho. I didn't realize that you were so immersed in the liberal Bush Hating limbo.