1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Medication vs 'Self" medicating

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by agedman, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mandym

mandym New Member

You know nothing of God's word or human behavior.

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

3. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We all agree that all wrong behavior is due to sin - even those who by the fallen nature sin. For all have sinned...

YOU have not shown "drugs that mask" a sin. I go to the dentist; he masks with drugs. I go to the doctor for broken bones; he masks with drugs. I get a headache; I mask with drugs. If I used the oil of the apothecary that was also used to anoint the tabernacle in the OT and all that pertained to it, that would be a masking with drugs.

Masking with drugs is not in itself a sin.

YOU do not cure ANY of the list in the OP by confession or forsaking.

One might have some measure of success in dealing with the issues of which each bring by discipline, awareness, and accountability to other believers, but there has NEVER been a known cure. Addictive Personality Disorder has no known cure; therefore the alcoholic, drug addict, sexual addict, ... are never "cured" but may have some measure of victory over.

4. DiamondLady

DiamondLady New Member

You know, I wish I could be angry with your broken record answers. However, I simply think you are pitiful. I think if you were honest you'd concede you've lost this debate, but you just keep posting the same nonsensical non-answer. NO ONE HERE disagrees that confession and forsaking are necessary to the remittance of sin. You, however, have not shown that mental disorders are sin. You can not. You have tried to say that God never gets angry.
    Deu 4:21 Furthermore the LORD was angry with me
    1Ki 11:9 And the LORD was angry with Solomon
    Psa 7:11 God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.
    Psa 80:4 O LORD God of hosts, how long wilt thou be angry against the prayer of thy people?

That's just FOUR of the many, many verses where it plainly states God is Angry. Anger is not always misbehavior, nor is it always sin. Why do you suppose so many people see God as an "angry God" and they're afraid of Him? Well, gee, because they read it in the Bible?

I'm through with this discussion...it's become utterly pointless.

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Yes I have shown you but you reject it. Drugs mask sin, but confession and forsaking heals.

6. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

How about it, FAL? Are you going to oblige by answering or not? Lay out the Scripture that you have that is the basis for your so-called Biblical position, and show everyone else their error.

Or confess your mistake to to those on the BB, and confess your sin to your God.

If a poll were taken, I'd be pretty surprised if most folks here thought you were full of hot air and yourself because of some of the things you've said when this topic has arisen. But then, you would still say you were right and everyone else was wrong, and you would still goad those who are struggling with mental and emotional issues.

7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Can you give one account in the bible where a drug cured a person from their sin? Do you believe that confession and forsaking is what God calls for in regards to sin?
    What does God say we are to do about our sin, use drugs or confesas and forsake?

8. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

The burden is not on me. Are you able to answer with specific Scripture, or are you blowing hot air?

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I cannot make you believe the word of God. It is your choice to reject His word, but you are in the majority so if you find comfort there that is your choice. I have given you proof and you reject it. Drugs mask sin but confession and forsaking heals.

10. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Freeatlast- If you cannot answer the question Biblically, it's time to admit you have been wrong. People here are pretty forgiving. If you knowingly claimed things that were not in Scripture, you need to take that up with Our Lord. He's more forgiving.

11. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Outbursts of anger are not bridled wrath. To be angry and sin not means you do not All bad behavior is sin. Drugs cover the sin, but confession and forsaking heals.
    Let all ...wrath and anger…be put away from you”. (Ephesians 4:31).
    “Put off all these: anger, wrath”. (Colossians 3:8).
    “The works of the flesh are manifest, which are these: ..wrath” (Galatians 5:19,20).

Likewise, James writes:
    “Let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: for the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God”. (James 1:19,20).
    Drugs mask sin, but confession and forsaking heals.

12. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

If you do not accpt the bible then it is time to say you are wrong. Drugs mask sin, but confession and forsaking heals.

13. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

That's the thing. You have not cited relevant Scripture and so far refuse to. I told you that I have looked through your posts, and it is nowhere to be found. I asked for the courtesy of you reexplaining it and you refuse.

It is clear to me that you have no Biblical basis for holding that all mental illnesses and disorders are because of the sufferer's unrepentance and unconfessed sin.

14. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I must have missed the post were you laid out the Scriptural proof that supports your view that "drugs mask sin" and the OP list is sin that can be cured by confession and forsaking.

Perhaps you will be so kind as to post in context such verses and point out exactly so that I don't miss the intent of the Scriptures.

15. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Good luck with that.

16. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Yes I have and you reject the bible. Drugs mask sin, but confession and forsaking heals.

17. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

It is there. Are you saying that confessing and forsaking is not what God calls for with our sin? And are you saying that the bible calls for some form of medical intervention for sin?

18. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah, but it occurs to me that your assumption the I have rejected the Bible is all in your mind; just as poster folks on this thread have asked that you post the Scriptures dealing specifically with the topic and you haven't - but state you have.

Could it be that you are actually an advocate in league with the rest of the posters in agreement but secretly; that you post in oppositional-defiance so that all sides are drawn out?

Or are you actually one who has oppositional-defiant disorder:

Symptoms of ODD may include:

Throwing repeated temper tantrums
    Excessively arguing with adults
    Actively refusing to comply with requests and rules
    Deliberately trying to annoy or upset others, or being easily annoyed by others
    Blaming others for your mistakes
    Having frequent outbursts of anger and resentment
    Being spiteful and seeking revenge
    Swearing or using obscene language
    Saying mean and hateful things when upset

In addition, many children with ODD are moody, easily frustrated, and have a low self-esteem. They also may abuse drugs and alcohol.​
    (from webmd, mental health: Oppositional Defiant Disorder)

This is using sarcasm, as I would assume no diagnostic skills over this forum. :type:

19. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Drugs mask sin, but confession and forsaking heals.

20. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Already answered multiple times.

But for any who missed.

No, that is not what I have repeatedly posted.

There is no other way to deal with sin than what God prescribes in the Scriptures - confess and forsake.

No, that is never been part of any post that I know of on this thread.

Medical intervention does not "cover" nor "cure" sin.

Medical intervention implies that some form of medical interference is involved. Humans have no ability to cover or cure sin. They have the ability to love the sin filled, and the love of God shed abroad through the believer does have the ability to cover.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.