1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Megachurch files for bankruptcy

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jedi Knight, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RAdam

RAdam New Member

I'm talking about the passage in Acts 6. That passage does not tell you who the multitude was that chose the deacons. You invented something from your own imagination and placed it onto that section of scripture and then used that to argue for your position on church government. I'm more than ready for you to own up to this. For all you know the multitude that chose the deacons in Acts 6 might have been the entire congregation.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...and for all you know it could have been 5% of the entire church...you are doing the very thing you accuse me of!! I didn't "invent" anything, please quit making things up. The greek for multitude could be any number. I'm arguing that just because it said multitude it DOES NOT mean it was the whole church and DOES NOT mean it supports congregational rule! I wouldn't be so quick to judge my reading comprehension!

3. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ....Maybe.

4. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Ironic in the entire affair of the Crystal Cathedral declaring bankruptcy is the simple fact that Robert Schuller was THE principle preacher in America of the heath and wealth (prosperity) gospel. Guess it didn't pan out all that well in the end. I wonder who's "faith" was lacking (that often being the primary reason given for someone to not receive God's blessing)?

5. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

The Baptist Foundation of Arizona is as bad as any that I know of.

6. rbell

rbell Active Member

I guess the Creditors had more faith than the Crystallites.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.