1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Men acting like spoiled irresponsible children

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Gina B, Sep 21, 2003.

1. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

1Ti 2:10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

1Ti 2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

1Ti 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

1Ti 2:13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

these verses apply to teaching standards of biblical applications do you not agree?

2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I believe those verses were written for groups of men and women meeting together as a church in their communities.
    I do believe a husband has authority over his wife.
    I do not see those verses as saying any man on this board or at the grocery store or in the workplace automatically has authority over me, although I generally will tend to take directives and teaching from a man more so than I would another woman. That's just me though, and my convictions, but it depends on the attitude of the man and how he presents it to me. If he is disrespectful to me and he is not my husband than I he just put himself in the position of someone trying to make me stumble and not only will I not want to listen to him, I do not believe God would want me to keep myself in a position where the guy will continually cause me to want to react in an unChrist-like manner.
    Not that I never do fall for it or do wrong and provoke it myself. :eek:
    Gina

3. computerjunkie

computerjunkie New Member

Interesting discussion! I guess everybody will have a heart attack when I tell you my pastor let his WIFE pray in church tonight?? In front of men!! :eek:

We had a young lady (mid-20's) who is a foreign missionary speak to us tonight. (Guess that's wrong also?) She is on furlough and is living in our missionary residence. In addition to speaking about what God was doing in her missionary endeavors, she also told a lot about the culture...food shopping, meal preparation and serving, how women are treated, etc...things to which the women in the congregation could relate.

At the end of the service, my pastor asked her to come to the altar and asked the WOMEN in the church to stand beside her in prayer and encouragement. He then asked his wife to lead the prayer for her. I thought it was entirely appropriate. But I'm sure some here would have left the church in protest. :(

4. Gib

Gib Active Member

We have had many ladies lead in prayer at our church. Before, during and after the service. Maybe I should check to see if we are registered Baptist or if we are some other religious faction. :eek: ;) [​IMG]

5. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

C.J., they weren't PREACHING so sounds good to me! We've had many missionaries share with us... men and women!

HOWEVER... I don't think men here are kicking women in the gut or acting like spoiled irresponsible children either.

[​IMG]
    Diane

6. computerjunkie

computerjunkie New Member

You're right, Diane...he would not let a woman PREACH!
    I don't think that either. Walls said, "I think for the most part, we all just post without respectors of persons." And I agree with that!

In fact, I think when I first started posting here, Wisdom Seeker thought I was a guy!! :D We just engage in lively discussion and, personally, I don't think our opinions are being disregarded!! I think we do a great job of "holding our own"!!! :D

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    33 years of marriage and I've learned a little with my relationship with one woman. (She has 15 point higher IQ than me, so I tread carefully.

When I ask her a question or bring up a topic, I want to know what she thinks, what she would do, what she would say. I want 1-2-3 answers. "Just the facts, Ma'am", Sgt. Joe Friday would say. I listen to her and appreciate her insight.

Objective.

When SHE asks a question or brings up a topic, she does NOT want 1-2-3 my opinion nor how to handle it nor course of action. She is talking about it to develop her feelings and response. I let HER talk rather than offer suggestions and then get angry because she will not DO something.

Subjective.

(Aside: So when Gina says "men acting like spoiled irresponsible children" as a MALE I would like to throttle that kind of hurtful, abusive attack on my gender. But I understand where she is coming from and will let her vent.)

8. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

great dr bob,
    hey didnt i read where your wife has an 80 IQ ?
    that puts you around lets say about 65 ?

just kidding

9. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

MY TURN,
    I have said this before, women are not stupid. In many ways they are more intelligent than their spouses. Does that change the role that God gave men and women? NO. God made the man the head of the women. That is simple. God knew that it was very important in the family and in the church and in society that the woman be made emotionally driven and the man is goal driven. It is our natures. God has a perfect plan for all His children and we do not need to rebel against what God said.

10. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

That's a huge stereotype. It is untrue, and is non-Biblical. For the record, myself, and many men, are more emotionally driven than women. I know many women who are emotionally driven. If you're going to believe that man is the head of the woman, go ahead and do so, but don't let this be the reasoning behind it. It's just not to be found in the Word.

11. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

Scott, I think you have gotten to close to your feminine side.

It was Eve that was decieved. Satan attacked her because she was emotional. The bible is full of examples. Even socialogist agree on this point. Why do you think God made the woman to be a keeper at home. It was because she had the right emotions to raise the children. The husband-father is to go out and provide for the family because he is goal oriented.
    You need to think a little before you post, instead of attacking me no matter what I post.