1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Men and Earings

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Will Pryor, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Males in earrings is just effeminate. Long hair is sin.

2. Will Pryor

Will Pryor New Member

Free at Last:
    Thanks for the post. I think that your approach makes the most sense. Before God, is it honoring? And that is in all we do. Thanks again and may Christ Richly Bless your witness.

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

When I was in high school earring/s on a man were a message of feminity and not at all masculine.

We must always seek to not be a stumbling block to the weak and non-believers. We must be to the highest standard of spirituality and godliness to be invisible so that Jesus in us may be seen..

A friend of mine who pastored in Germany told me that the peiople would wonder what was wrong with you if you did not drink beer with them. But they would consider you very foolish if you drank too much.

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Back in 1970 in my first pastorate, I thought "how effeminate" were "men" wearing necklaces and bracelets.

Then "Mr T" changed my mind. Pity the fool.

It is cultural movement of the "unisex" look. Clothes, hair, necklaces, bracelets, earrings - now just saw a MAKE UP AD for MEN (Nivea 10 using co-q-10 around the eyes so you don't look so old) - just erase all distinction between sexes.

Now, where's my purse? :rolleyes:

5. JonathanDT

JonathanDT New Member

Spend a day in a high school and you'll realize the distinctions between the sexes are not being erased, just changed.

6. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "not being erased, just changed."

So we change the difference to...no difference?

Isn't that the same as "erasing"?

7. riverwalker

riverwalker Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Two scriptures come to mind:

Matt 15:11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

and

Mark 7:15 There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.

I would associate “…goeth into the mouth…” and “…nothing from without a man…” as the same as wearing something, i.e. earrings, etc…

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I think that it must be a cultural thing.

I personally hate it, the old me says it is "wierd", etc, but I really can't find that it is wrong, unless all earrings are wrong. There is no sexual distinction on earrings in the Word of God.

Distinctions may be changing (or erasing) but this slighter older guy will not be getting his ear (or anything else )pierced, wearing make-up, wearing a necklace, or anything else that might pop up in the years to come.

Besides, I'm a sissy when it comes to pain and it might hurt to have a hole punched in my body [​IMG] .

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

And, BTW, it reall is good to see the newer posters here [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Gib

Gib Active Member

Errings make the man look like a sissy, unless their manly men and then they look like Mr. Clean.

I don't wear mine anymore, it kept getting snagged on my shirt. I had no hair at the time and looked like Mr. Clean. My family was glad to it all go. Now I look like the rest of them. I've conformed.