1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Men's Fraternity

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by webdog, Aug 9, 2008.

1. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So can he put on his resume:

"Webdog, M.S., Baptist Board Theological Seminary"?

:D

Just kidding to all involved :).

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Since when does the things you "deem" matter? Carry on. :)

3. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Humor is difficult for you...it seems. :wavey:

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Did you miss the smiley? :rolleyes:

5. ReformedBaptist

I missed it. :laugh:

6. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I have to laugh! If you got to Mr. ReformedBaptist's blog site he states the purpose for his blog-

"Welcome to the Oldshooters blog. This blog is dedicated to continually presenting Christ in the gaming community, not just on Oldshooters, but in the gaming community as a whole... The gaming community is filled with people in need of Christ. Oldshooters.com and this blog are dedicated to bringing the Gospel to people within the gaming community, particulary the Xbox Live community, and over the internet."

The irony!:laugh:

7. ReformedBaptist

Mex, this post is rather offensive to me, but I can understand your confusion. Please visit www.oldshooters.com to learn what Oldshooters is. It is a gaming community, Xbox 360 to be precise, and it is a Christian gaming community. I started this community on the launch of Call of Duty 4 initially as a clean gaming environment. It drew a lot of people.

The blog you visited was initally used as the blog for the community. I wrote about gaming issues, subjects, et. I wasn't very active with it. I decided to change the blog to something I used through seminary, so I changed the name and learned last night how to change the URL.

So, if you could explain why you wrote what you wrote concerning the former Oldshooters blog, my gamining community, and me, and what the irony is it would be greatly appreciated.

RB

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I think he is referring to your view of the regulative principle. Since you think Men's Fraternity is man centered...how is what you do any different?

From your post on page 1 (which I believe Mexdeaf is referring to be the irony in your position)

So...the Scriptures aren't enough? The weekly preaching of the Word of God, the adminstration of the ordinances, even small group meetings where one studies the Scirpture (sic) and learns the doctrines of GOD aren't enough? We need a Promise Keepers and a Men's Fraternity (let's add "oldhooters" in this) as well? huh?

#48 webdog, Aug 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2008
  9. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Sorry if you are offended. I fail to see the difference in your stated purpose (at least at the beginning of your blog) and the stated purpose of the 'Men's Fraternity' insomuch as they relate to being "man centered".

Webdog stated my understanding succinctly.

10. ReformedBaptist

Your comparing apples to oranges. Also, webdog completely misunderstood my initial impression of the Men's Fraternity thing. The focus of it seems to me to be men. The gaming community I started is just that...a gaming community that does seek to use that platform and the community site as an arena to preach the Gospel to the lost. So, if anything, the gaming community is an evangelistic tool as well as to give folks who have the hobby of gaming a place to game without the garbage that is found in the gaming world.

Basically, Oldshooters is a hobby I and others share. I don't think the Men's Fraternity is being presented as a hobby. It is being presented and marketed as a ministry to men in order to help men act as men.

I truly do hope the ministry of it is Christ-centered. I hope that many men are blessed in it and are conformed to the image of Christ through the ministry of the Word of God.

Oldshooters is not a ministry.

RB

11. dan e.

dan e. New Member

so why don't you just go ahead and check it out for yourself....and if you don't like it, fine. But at least you'll have a reason for not liking it.

12. ReformedBaptist

I visited the website, read their goals, watched their promo video...what else should I do?

13. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Your focus is the gaming community which is made up of...

Men (generally speaking).

I think you are the one with the fruit mix-up, but I'll leave it at that.

14. dan e.

dan e. New Member

....nothing.

15. ReformedBaptist

I would leave it alone too. It's a loosing battle. And the community is for men and women. My wife and I don't game as much anymore, but it was something we enjoyed alot.

But, no, the focus of the community is not men. lol It is gaming.