1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Messianic Jew's and Shabbat

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by gekko, Nov 2, 2006.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are too kind.

You will soon make me blush.:flower:

:jesus:

2. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "... theological student" t ---theology student. O my English!

3. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gerhard Ebersoehn
    I am a rough man -- uneducated, unsofisticated -- in American English, ,,,To me (who am no psycologist) the cause of your arrogance is evident: your immense self-satisfaction and vanity for being so superior a human being of knowledge and insight you MUST be different from any and everybody else, and they MUST be of lesser intellect, insight or knowledge than you. Only YOU, have the truth; YOU, are the storehouse of divine revelation.

REALLY, I wish Gerhard would say that about me too... :praying:

...but I guess we all can't be like Bob...

4. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    oh but - "we can"!

(BTW I am not sure that I would wish half the things that GE has said about me on anyone! But that is another story. Now back to our topic)

If God created "the Worlds" as we see in Heb 1 and if non-God beings are indeed in council in Job 1 as we see them there and as we see them in Dan 7 by the "Myriads and Myriads" -- then the "free will universe" of intelligent life must be included in God's "Kingdom" as the Sovereign Ruler of all.

And in that case - what goes on here does matter to "all" for all see what God is doing with mankind. All can learn something about God - is He Just? Is He fair? Is He merciful? ... or is He arbitrary in both justice and mercy?

With an audience - with a gallery -- with a courtroom occupied by the myriads and myriads full of intellligent beings - the world of sin becomes a lessonbook about God and sin and rebellion for all of eternity.

In Christ,

Bob

5. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

That, what Bob just said, reminds me of the story of Job and of this:

Rom:3:4: God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

when God is judged? Yes. by everyone looking on.

it has become the great controversy between Christ and Satan. Satan charges God with being an arbitrary selfish ruler, which is false. He got Eve to distrust God from the beginning in the garden, he got a third of the angels in heaven to distrust God by lying about Him. Because he himself wanted to BE God.

With the story of Job Satan charges God again... that Job would only serve Him out of self-centered reasons and fear.

Its all about God and His Government and the fact that he gave us these rules out of love to protect us. And we are supposed to be showing people that:

Deuteronomy 4:
    5: Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the LORD my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it.
    6: Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.

Thats one purpose for the Sabbath Rest.

6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    wow - that was great!

7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:
    Sarcasm is the cheapest whit

8. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Only sinners 'need learn something about God' like "is He Just? Is He fair? Is He merciful? ... ". Other 'non-God beings' never entertained such ideas or questions about God which necessarily requires they should be asked or entertained by sinners - beings, like us, the only FALLEN 'species'. Other beings, non-human, unfallen and spiritual beings, we know ABOUT from the Scriptures; and we know they are not like us. We know they would not ask such stupid questions like "is He Just? Is He fair? Is He merciful?" - the rising in the heart of already is sinful and sin. We are unique like Christ is unique and who has been born into THIS world only. Surmising brings no insight into this matter, even if with use of the Scriptures.
    No one has denied the existence of other intelligent beings like angels. (Wow, GE has also known about them.) But the question here is whether there are other created WORLDS and biological creatures like us.
    But of course, here we go again, the omniscient SDAs ... they have the gift of prophecy.

9. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Apparently sinless angels in heaven were the ones deceived by Satan. Try to keep that in mind.

And yes, SDAs do have the gift of prophecy given to our church for these last days.

Rv:12:17: And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Rv:19:10: And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

But no, SDAs are not "omniscient" and have never claimed to be so.

Claudia

#109 Claudia_T, Nov 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2006
  10. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is yet "another example" where just "making stuff up" serves GE in place of actually reading the Bible and arguing from actual Bible fact.

Peter tells us that angels "long to look" into this gospel work of God. In Rev 16 and 19 the angels pronounce that God is just FOR (and then list what evil men have done and what God did in response).

In Job 1 and 2 instead of the council members "leaving as soon as Satan questions God's statement" - they all watch "the experiment that unfolds".

Paul claims that we are on stage set as spectacles - showing both the world and those in the heavenly places the mysteries of the Gospel and the working of God.

in Dan 5 we see "the heavenly watchers" passing judgment -

in Dan 7 the courtroom is FILLED with "myriads and myriads" as the books are opend and "The COURT SITS" for judgment.

This "sinless beings don't need to do no stinking thinking" idea that is 'made up' on the spot instead of researching the Word is simply that "stuff that is made up" instead of scripture that is studied and Bible facts that are read.

I choose the Word of God "instead".

In Christ,

Bob

#110 BobRyan, Nov 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2006