1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mexican Judge Frees Man Accused of Killing U.S. Border Patrol Agent

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by Revmitchell, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    TUCSON, Arizona — U.S. officials were shocked that a Mexican judge had freed a man imprisoned in connection with the death of a U.S. Border Patrol agent, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said.

More Here

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    From the news story:

"Debra Hartman, a spokeswoman for the U.S. attorney's office in San Diego, wouldn't say Wednesday whether the U.S. government had charged Navarro or had sought his extradition. She wouldn't say whether the investigation of the case had been completed."

Say what? This happened 5 months ago and the U.S. attorney's office can't(or won't) provide answers? This is outrageous.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

Whats outrageous is that by releasing this guy apparently Mexico is giving the ok to shooting border guards while trying to illegally cross the border.
    It is on the other hand normal for prosecutors and law enforcement to not release to the public all information on any given case. So this I do not find outrageous, just normal.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is anyone asking for all the information? The questions are very specific. These people work for us taxpayers and we deserve answers.

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

Then tell it too all law enforcement agencies, that you don't think they should with hold any information from the public. Most murder investigations take more then a few months.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, Donna, you side with the government instead of the taxpayers, eh?

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

No, I side with letting law enforcement do their job, which part of is not desclosing the details of investigations. Everyone knows this, and there is nothing wrong with it. So don't act like there is, you know better.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What could possibly be wrong with stating whether a man has been charged or whether his extradition has been sought????

9. donnA

donnA Active Member

I'll beleive your comments on this thread are not politically motivated when you start compaining about law enforcement as a whole not revealing case facts to the public.

10. billwald

billwald New Member

>These people work for us taxpayers and we deserve answers.

These days everyone deserves everything. What does "deserve" mean?

11. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The guy on the treadmill beside me this morning was a Border Patrol officer. You shoulda seen the anger on his face when this news item flashed on the screen.
    He wasn't saying anything but his face just got so red I felt sure he would burst a vein.
    He got off the treadmill, and left the gym without a word.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Huh? In order to comment on a particular case I have to comment on all cases to meet your standards? Forget about it, Donna. If you don't like my posts, you don't have to read them.