1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michigan-USC

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Pastor Larry, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Does anyone seriously think that Michigan still deserves a spot in the national championship game? Tonight, they were exposed by the "#8" team in the nation. They were thorougly defeated, yea, even embarrassed, giving up 391 passing yards. They did not belong on the same field with USC tonight.

As I said a month ago, I think USC is probably the second best team in the country. Florida will have to give a very good showing to prove otherwise.

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I think this puts to rest any talk that Michigan was the second best team in America. Florida is still firmly planted in the #2 slot in my mind.

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Florida is still #2 for me as well.

USC did look very impressive today, but you cannot just ignore losing to Oregon St and UCLA.

4. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Neither can you ignore beating Ball State by only eight, and giving Ball State a chance to tie at the end of the game. Why that was overlooked by so many is astounding to me. Michigan played this season on the strength of a decent win at Notre Dame which turned out not to be so good after looking at Notre Dame's season. The hype was better than the team, it seems to me.

But even given the two losses, it seemed clear that USC was the better team even before this game. Are they better than Florida? That's the question. My bet is that that would be a much better game than USC-Michigan was.