1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MIKE WALLACE

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by JFox1, May 21, 2006.

1. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

Mike Wallace, 88, of 60 Minutes, announced that he will retire in March.

Here is a link with two video clips to an ethics discussion in 1987 between Mike Wallace, ABC World News Tonight anchorman Peter Jennings, and the moderator. The moderator asked them if they were embedded with North Korean troops at war with America and they learned of an impending attack on the Americans, would they warn the Americans about it? Peter Jennings at first said that he would, although it would cost him his life, but Mike Wallace quickly chastised Mr. Jennings and shamed him into backing down and agreeing with him. Peter Jennings looked embarrassed. He jumped on Mr. Jennings for having a natural human reaction. Mike Wallace acted as if the enemy attacking American troops was just another story. That showed what kind of person Mike Wallace is.

http://newsbusters.org/taxonomy/term/220

2. Daisy

Daisy New Member

That's nice - trash a guy on his retirement about something he said 20 years ago to a hypothetical question. If you have to reach back two decades to find something to bash him with - well, shame on you.

3. Daisy

Daisy New Member

What was the hypothetical question that was asked? The actual question was editted out so it is difficult to place this little snippet in context.

4. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

American news personnel wouldnt last 10 seconds in the presence of North Korean troops at war with America anyway. They would likely be tortured for information and put in camps or killed. Why would you ever put yourself in that place to start with? That is what I would have told the moderator.

I dont watch 60 minutes anyway. I think the last time I actually saw one of the shows it had a professional wrestler on that, when asked if wrestling was faked, he choked the guy out. Not my kind of news show, thanks.

5. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

I agree! I don't think the North Koreans would allow Western jounalists to embed with them in the first place. The few Western jounalists allowed in the country have to be very careful. During Kim Jung Il's father's reign, a Swedish jounalist was expelled from the country for wiping mud off his shoes with a newspaper that had a picture of the North Korean leader on it.

6. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Right. The idea of the press being independent of the state is completely alien to the North Koreans. They would assume that the reporter would act as a spy.

7. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Yeah, that was the dimwit who accused a wrestler known to have a violent temper, of being a fake. After he was attacked he sued the guy. Later, he did a show making fun of people who do stupid and reckless things and then file lawsuits when it goes badly. [​IMG]

8. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

I didnt go to school for journalism, but do they teach that there? Sounds rather risky if you ask me. LOL!

9. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

No, I don't think so. Stossel is just a moron.