1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Military organizations

Discussion in 'Vets and Friends' started by Salty, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What Military organizations are you a member of?

2. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NGAUS
    NCNGA
    USAWOA

I need to join the Ordnance Association sometime.

Past member of VFW, American Legion, and MOAA.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Disable American Veterans
    American Legion
    NCO Association
    1 CAV Association
    Enlisted Association
    8th Cav Reg Association
    State Guard Association of the US

4. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    American Legion

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    American Legion
    USMC 3rd Recon Bn. Assoc. and Alpha Co., 3rd Recon Assoc

6. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    4th Infantry Division. Iron Horse!

#6 padredurand, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2016
  7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What unit in the IVY were you assigned to?

8. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My son is now an official Mortar Man in the Marines,

9. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Delta Company, 704th Maintenance Battalion

10. Paul from Antioch

Paul from Antioch Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Disabled American Vets & the American Legion. I do get mail saying I should join the USO, Paralyzed Vets, & Wounded Warriors. They're fine I'm sure but, unlike Salty, I'm on a fixed retirement income which doesn't allow me to be able to join those orgs. I'd much rather my money go for my title + and other overtly ECFA-approved orgs. 73 & DX!!

11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, actually I am also retired! Some of the groups I joined are now life membership - and others have low fees.

So Paul, what military units were you in?

12. Paul from Antioch

Faith:
    Baptist

13. Paul from Antioch

Faith:
    Baptist
    After USAF Basic Training @ Lackland AFB outside of San Antonio TX, my AFSC of 42330 (Acft Electrician) was @ Chanute AFB in E central IL (at the height of their tourist season: Nov to Jan!), then my Field Training Detachment training for that AFSC was conducted at Davis-Monthan AFB outside of Tucson AZ. D-MAFB was also the AFB at which my 5-level training occurred. My class for Working Leaders was @ Ramstein AB in what then was still W Germany. My tech school training for Avionics Guidance & Control Systems was @ Keesler AFB outside Biloxi MS (1989). I was in the TN ANG (118 AW) where most all of my subsequent military education also took place, all of which was via correspondence. BTW, I'm also a member of the AF Assn, but to my knowledge, its main emphasis isn't primarily that directed towards retired veterans. 73 & DX, y'all!

14. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What years were you at Ramsteim -?
    I was in Zweibruecken 71-73 and 74-78.

and 2/3 of my kids are born at Landstuhl

15. Paul from Antioch

Faith:
    Baptist

16. Paul from Antioch

Faith:
    Baptist
    RAB- March 1967 - April 15, 1969. I was assigned to the 26th FMS Electric Shop (incl. a yr's detachment to the 38th TRS's Electric Shop in which I served as an Asst Shop Chief --- never did I reveal the fact that there only 2 people in said shop!! OTOH, I can honestly say that I DID have 1 good April 15.... the other ones.....well you can guess what I thought of them. Actually the mission was called Landstuhl Baptist Mission & we met in the so-called Education Bldg of the Evangelish (Lutheran) Church. I can't recall the name of the street on which it was located, but LBM did meet on the strasse where a large public school was almost across the street from us. Eventually LBC became Bible Baptist Church of Landstuhl but was never associated with the Bible Baptist org in Springfield MO. A few months before my departure BBCofL moved into the GROSS Handel bldg located between the E-W autobann & the local R stn. Eventually, BBC located to Zweibrucken AB, probably close to the time that the 26th TRW was moved from RAB to ZAB. Pastor Jerry Briggs was my pastor for about 1.5 years & from what I understand he left Germany to serve as a prison chaplain somewhere out west. I'd lost contact w/ him & soon after his departure the BBC died out. Pastor Briggs's home area was in the Buffalo NY area....Lockport I think. He was my second pastor & probably only one to "Sprecinze Deutshce"!

17. Paul from Antioch

Faith:
    Baptist
    March 1967 - April 15, 1969 I was an aircraft electrician assigned to the 26th Tactical Recon Wing & primarily worked on its RF-4Cs. Actually, the name of the mission of which I was a member was called Landstuhl Baptist Mission. We met in what was referred to as the Education Bdg of the Lutheran church. This bldg was in back of the LC's main bldg. As I recall, there was a rather large German public school bldg a block or so down the strasse from us. Eventually we moved a much larger bldg located about midway between the E-W autobann & the freight off-loading operation of the main RR. Acting under the authority of Eifell Bible Baptist Church in the Bitburg AB (Some 70 NW of Landstuhl), we became the Bible Baptist Church of Landsuhl. Her pastor while I was there was Jerry M Briggs who haled close to Lockport NY. Eventually I'm told that the church moved closer Zweibruecken AB, probably about the same time that the 26th TRW moved from RAB to ZAB. After a span of about 20 yrs I enlisted in the TN ANG's 1198th Airlift Wing as an Avionics Guidance & Control systems technician on the C-130H transport acft...quite a bit roomier than the RF-4C's were. To this day I still have some nightmares about R&Ring #2 Misc Relay panel underneath the RH side of the rear seat of the RF-4C's. Oh yes, & by the way, just about every promotion cycle we'd become temporary observant Jews & solemnly observed Passover! ;););)

18. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist