1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Millennial Questions

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by DeafPosttrib, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Why do you change scripture, is it to fit your theology. Scripture says "lived and reigned" (past tense).
    You say you are thinking they get rewarded with Talents. You are starting to sound like the ME crowd now that will be taking whips to people and rulers of cities. Where you get all this garbage??

Rev 19 is just about the end of time and nothing about the Millenium that I can see.

Your theology was heresy until the 18th century, more or less.

Tell me something Skypair, do you ever worry about being so mean and a christian at the same time???

John Calvin (1536)
    "But a little later there followed the chiliasts, who limited the reign of Christ to a thousand years. Now their fiction is too childish either to need or to be worth a refutation. And the Apocalypse, from which they undoubtedly drew a pretext for their error does not support them. For the number "one thousand" (Rev. 20:4) does not apply to the eternal blessedness of the church but only to the various disturbances that awaited the church, while still toiling on earth."
    "For when we apply to it the measure of our own understanding, what can we conceive that is not gross and earthly? So it happens that like beasts our senses attract us to what appeals to our flesh, and we grasp at what is at hand. So we see that the Chialists (i.e. those who believed that Christ would reign on earth for a thousand years) fell into a like error. Jesus intended to banish from the disciples' minds a false impression regarding the earthly kingdom: for that, as He points out in a few words, consists of the preaching of the Gospel. They have no cause therefore to dream of wealth, luxury, power in the world or any other earthly thing when they hear that Christ is reigning when He subdues the world to Himself by the preaching of the Gospel. It follows from this that His reign is spiritual and not after the pattern of this world." - Comm. on Acts 1:8 (Torrance, VI, 32).

#81 Brother Bob, Oct 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2007