1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

modern evangelism vs. WOTM

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by matthewc, Jul 13, 2006.

1. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

I've never said that or insinuated that. However God did know it and that is all that matters!

You are exactly right and I've never said anything to the contrary. I've never said that a Gentile had to kill a lamb. However a Lamb was slain for the Gentile and Jew that was no longer looked at under the blood of the animals, and we must still appropriate the blood of the Lamb by or through faith/believing.

I see nowhere in Scripture where it is said to "hold" them. That is what God told them to believe after Exodus 12 and if they believed then they were saved. Not might be saved in a few decades, but were saved.

Once God sees you through the blood that is it. It's a done deal.

Abraham believed God and he was saved. Not maybe saved in a few decades, but right then at that very moment.

God's salvation plan didn't change. And you said amen to that, but you really don't agree with that.

You keep saying that the OT peole were saved by works, but it's different for the NT people. The OT people had to endure and we don't.

God's salvation plan didn't change. It's always been the same and will continue to be the same. You are saved the very moment you believe. That's what the Bible has to say about the matter. To think otherwise is to go beyond Scripture.

As just a side, man is not getting smarter, but getting less, especially when comparing the OT people to today.

2. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Those that endured were held until they can come "through Jesus Christ".
    Amen!
    Justified by faith.
    But I do for the "everlasting gospel is to fear God".
    I don't say they are saved by works. They are told they must do works. All before, to please God, had to make an animal blood sacrifice. We don't for we come through Him that did the work.
    God says we are to believe what He tells us. Did God tell Noah to believe on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ then? This is what He tells me today. Does Noah today believe what I believe to be saved. Yes, now he does, but he did not while he lived.

God in His dispensations tells man what to believe to have access to His salvation. We are told what we are to believe as we live. If we are justified in one gospel, we cannot be justified in someone else's gospel, until we are told to.
    We know more today, but I don't know if those in the OT are any smarter than people today. But, beginning at Adam before the fall, I would say he would be the smartest of all. I don't know of anybody that could think up a name for every cattle, fowl, and beast, or come up the name woman, and then name her Eve. Before the fall, this man and his woman had to be something else.

3. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

That's what I've been saying all along.

4. ituttut

ituttut New Member

In the Spirit Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.