1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Modesty

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by freeatlast, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I didn't know that, but again, I guess I had no way of knowing...............:)

If women didn't wear p*nties, then I guess "women rights" and the liberation of women started even back then, right?????????????? :)

BBob,

#281 Brother Bob, May 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2008
  2. nunatak

nunatak New Member

If women aren't wearing them, thats not right, its wrong.:laugh:

3. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

I'm not doing your homework for you, menageriekeeper. There are plenty of links that will talk about the history of pants, some even contradict their selves with yours and yours with mine. Honestly, I wouldn't rely on these as final sources.

I still ask if pants aren't men's clothing, what is?

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Depends....:)

I think that is what they use now.

Bbob,

5. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Exactly why I pointed you to a primary document, art work from the period, to support my arguement. Primary documents always trump information found in books and articles that are written about the primary. That is why your links are called "secondary documents".

LOL Bro. Bob. Perhaps we were too "liberated" and that is why we invented them.

You men still have to answer for hoisery though! :eek:

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

To Both Donna and MK
    Please drop the arrogant attitude and learn to debate without throwing all the under-handed insults.
    Frankly, I'll be happy to close this thread any time now.

7. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

There was a news story a while back about a man whose pants were a bit tight. There was a picture of him, and people complained that they could clearly see his "shape" in front. What I would like to know is: Why were people looking between his legs?"

My mother always insisted that I wear loose fitting pants so I wouldn't "show my shape" as she put it. I never had much "shape" to show, but why would any normal person be that interested in my "shape"?

8. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

menageriekeeper, bad thing about that though is it shows a certain person wearing them and not everyone. I'd hate for someone to draw what goes on at the drama department in local schools and use that as fact what Americans dress like... :laugh:

9. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

A look is normal, but when that look turns into more looks and staring, ogling, and desiring it becomes sin on the part of the one looking. If the woman's INTENT was to cause lust and be desired, then she has sinned. Why should a woman be held responsible for what goes on in the minds of horny guys who have nothing on their minds but women and sex when it was NOT her intent to cause lust?

Isn't it also normal for a man to notice an especially attractive woman and want to look? I've done my share of looking, but I never once wanted to have sex with her or desired her in any way. However, many Christians would say that I committed adultery by looking and noticing her beauty. To me it's no different from noticing other beauties of God's creation.

10. donnA

donnA Active Member

Are you talking about a person telling us to live by O.T. laws then refuses to do so themselves? Who makes claims they can not support. Who refuses to use untwisted scripture, or actually just to present scripture, who demands facts, but refuses to accept facts? Who has called people " christian" with quotation marks which is challenging their christianity, and if you don't agree with him you get the quotation marks:tonofbricks: . I think we have the right to address his accusations, twisted scripture, or lack thereof, his demanding christians live his way.

11. donnA

donnA Active Member

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Having reached 30 pages we will now close the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.