1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

More Christmas decor insanity

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rbell, Dec 5, 2008.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I am not really concerned about a secular university not putting up a Christmas tree in their library. Christmas trees are a cultural tradition and not a Biblical symbol of the season. So that does not bother me. However I am very bothered by UNC-Chapel Hill religion professor Dr. Bart Ehrman's false and misleading teachings on the historical Jesus.

As for UNC-Chapel Hill requiring students to read passages from the Koran, that is no longer happening. The article you linked to, from 2002, discussed a book that was required then. The book is no longer required by the University. In fact they change books each summer. The current book is about civil rights (LINK). I'm sure it is a liberal book, and probably painfully boring, but not a really big deal. Mainly since most students will gut it and not read it.

Also, please be careful to identify which UNC campus you are talking about. UNC is made up of 16 campuses (LINK) only one of which is located in Chapel Hill.