1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

More Obama Ignorance: Terror groups have 'legitimate claims'

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    JERUSALEM – The Hamas and Hezbollah terrorist organizations have "legitimate claims" that are being "weakened" by the violence the terror groups carry out, Sen. Barack Obama recently stated in largely unnoticed remarks in the New York Times

More Here

2. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

They have a legitimate claim that they carry out their acts of terrorism and violence because the Quran tells them to do so...

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

You say this as if it's an indisputable fact. If it's as you say then surely you'll have no trouble proving it. Right?

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

What part do you disagree with? Their claims are legitimate? They are terrorists? They committed acts of violence? Or the quran tells them to do it?
    The quran does say so, we all know this, it's been posted here enough times in the past 2 or 3 years, we also know they are terrorists, they even claim terrorism acts, which of course by nature are violent.

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I was addressing Bible Boy. He is well able to respond for himself and back his statements up with more than just faith that everyone will automatically agree with him. Unless he has some objection to doing that which he often "encourages" others to do.

#6 poncho, Sep 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2008
  7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I agree Donna, I believe they do have legitimate claims. The problem has to do with how they communicate their claims and methods to resolve the difference.

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

9. Wesjr

Wesjr New Member

I believe we should support and offer to help defend Israel. To say all "Terrorists" have no claims for justice or that they are all evil is wrong. The "Sons of Liberty" were considered by Britian to be a terrorist group. They burned the HMS Gaspee, the Boston Tea Party, some of their members were Paul Revere, Patrick Henry, John Hancock, Samuel Adams. Our country has not always done the right thing, In 1951 we helped to depose the elected Iranian Prime Minister, we than supported the Shah of Iran, a dictator, for the next 26 years. We supported Saddam in his war against Iran and during that war the U.S. naval ship the USS Vincenns shot down Iran Air Fight 655 killing all 290 aboard. In Afganistan during the 80's, we supported the mujahedeen (holy warriors) in their war against the Soviet Union. Even today the Bush adminstration has had our soldiers training the troops in Georgia and going to put a missile system in Poland. What if Putin was traing Mexican troops and putting missiles in Cuba?

10. donnA

donnA Active Member

As we've been told by the mods many times. If you post it on an open public forum anyone can respond. It is posted to everyone on a public forum.

11. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

For those who doubt what I said read this book, Unveiling Islam: An Insider's Look at Muslim Life and Beliefs and verify its references to the Quran from an english translation of the Quran itself, then try and claim I am in error.

I know Dr. Emir Caner personally. As former Muslims he and his brother have given us great insight into the world of Islam.

http://www.amazon.com/Unveiling-Islam-Insiders-Muslim-Beliefs/dp/0825424003/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1220928488&sr=8-1

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I never claimed you were in error. I only asked for you to back up your statement. To which you replied "buy this book". So, you make a statement as if it's unequivocal and expect me to shell out money to find out if you're right?

What's that all about? Either you can prove the Quran tells "them" whoever that is to do violence or you can't.

13. donnA

donnA Active Member

many times, over and over, the proof that the quran says this has been posted here on this board.

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

So what exactly are you saying here...you guys can make claims without providing corroborating evidence and then expect others to go out and "buy books" or spend hours looking up old threads to verify your statements?

C'mon. Either you can validate your own statements or you can't. Which is it?

15. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

How about you Poncho?

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=51906&page=7

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Exactly the thread I had in mind too...so, how about you Rev?

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=52671

If I have to validate my statements then so do you all. I expect you to hold to me this standard and from now you can expect me to do the same for you.

Sounds fair to me...how about you?

Now, are you all going to come across with some corroborating evidence that the Quran tells "them" to be violent and carry out terrorist acts or not?

#16 poncho, Sep 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2008
  17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

First, I don't care if you ever provide one stitch of corroborating evidence.

Second your statement to Bibleboy is convenient and contradictory

Third, nice redirect now stay on topic

Fourth, I already provided evidence in this thread about the quran

18. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I'm going to provide it to the best of ability from now on anyway so there. :p

So does this means he doesn't have to follow the same rules he encourages me to follow?

What? You're the one who swerved off topic to bring up my checked past.

Oh! Well excuse me I thought it was an article from Wing Nut Daily meant to demonize Obama and muslims in general. I saw no evidence in that article that the Quran tells "them" to carry out acts of terrorism and violence. Can you point it out to me? Nevermind Rev I see the link to You Tube now. I must have missed it before. Apologies.

I was hoping someone here could actually quote me some verses from the Quran itself, you know some of the ones that call for muslims to commit all this violence and terrorist acts.

#18 poncho, Sep 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2008
  19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Try post # 5

20. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yeah I found it. Thanks. Don't suppose you've read the Quran yourself by any chance?

Has anyone here read it? Or have a copy they can quote some of these verses that call for violence and terrorism?