1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mormonism Exposed

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by steaver, Apr 5, 2012.

1. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

While we can't see the Presidents heart we can go by his own words. So tell me if this is what a christian would say to someone if he were a believer. "While my Mom was an athiest I believe she was a good person and is in heaven today" Barak Obama in an interview while running for President or shortly after he was elected. Does that sound like a person who is a christian?

2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    For one, Christians are not pro-abortion. So we can judge from thst alone.

As far as him being a Muslim, I don't know. I just can see clearly he is not Christian.

It seems even Christians erroniously believe that just saying you are Christian somehow makes you one. The KKK says they are Christian, even Hitler claimed to be one. WAKE UP FOLKS!

3. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not at all. I did not ASK him to represent me via my vote, but rather have been forced to have him as my representative and I will pray for him as commanded in scripture.

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

No it does not. Read the post. I said most likely he is not a Christian. Are you looking for an excuse for voting for a known non Christian and abortionist?

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I agree, and no way would I vote for Obama. By the same token, the number of people on this board who will vote for a known non Christian, after reciting the same accusation about Obama, is pathetic. Romney is the essence of evil, and Obama or not, there is no way I am selling my soul.

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That is really not the point. The point is tons of people on this board are scrambling for excuses to vote for a non Christian abortionist based on getting Obama out of office. While that is a worthy goal, Romney, the essence of evil, is not the answer. The point of the matter is that when Christians fall asleep and let a Republican Party become a mirror image of the Democratic Party, then make up reasons to support it, something is terribly wrong.

7. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Not looking for an excuse for anything, just making the point that the President has the wrong Soteriological view and that pretty much let's us see his heart as not being a Christian. The problem we have is there are no Christians running that I have found. Santorum is a Catholic and could be truly saved. Who else is there? Ron Paul has proven he will flow with the crowd and has no real values worth looking at. Get him we will defininately lose religious freedoms and if you think abortion can be legislated out of this nation you have another think coming. We must change hearts to stop abortion, it is in this nation to stay until we get hearts turned to God.

They tried to legislate acohol out this nation with a thing called prohibition and we all know how that turned out. We just need someone in office who follow the law on abortion and not allow federal tax dollars to be spent for abortion.

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I think you last statement is where we disagree. We need somebody in office to overturn abortion, not follow the law. Abortion started by court action, not legislation. Also, hardly think prohibition is a good comparison to murder. Ultimately, you are right, changed hearts on the part of the lost, and Christians with a backbone to stand up for what ix right. That means treating Romney for what he is, a clone of Obama, and a cult member.

9. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Amen! :thumbsup:

10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All I needed to hear was his public curse (instead of blessing) of America.

By their fruits...

On the other hand I have heard President Obama repeatedly bless America (though I didn't and won't vote for him).

HankD

#30 HankD, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  11. targus

targus New Member

What God was Obama asking to bless America?

There is only one God.

Obama's repeated pathetic attempts to sound Christian are sad to say the least. He constantly mangles the Gospel.

In his latest Easter speech he talked about Jesus as "a Son of God".

Anyone who is Christian should at a minimum know that Jesus is the Son of God.

12. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can't see into his heart but yes, it doesn't look promising.

HankD