1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Mosques" in Middle Tennessee

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ktn4eg, Aug 25, 2010.

1. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

There is/are some thread(s) concerning the controveries involved with building a mosque close to Ground Zero in NYC. However, that is not the only place where those of the Islamic faith wish to build mosques.

Historically [although I'd question how true it may be today], Nashville TN was referred to by many as "The Buckle of the Bible Belt," (due no doubt in part for it being not only the location of the headquarters of several prominent religious groups, but also for being where many Bible publishing organizations were located). And, let's not forget how many Christian music enterprises and artists call the Nashville area home.

I know of at least one mosque that already exists, and there's probably more than just that one in "Music City USA."

Within the last year or so there have been two other movements to establish mosques in or near Nashville. One that has already received a lot of attention is planned to be erected in the Murfreesboro TN area. Murfreesboro is located SE of Nashville approximately right in the geographic center of TN. It has for years been the location for [like it or not] the Sword of the Lord ministries and even has a John Rice Blvd.

Another mosque that's on its way to be established is right in the Metro Nashville-Davidson County limits in the community of Antioch [named for the biblical city where "...the disciples were called Christians first...." (Acts 11:26)]. This mosque, located in the SE part of metro Nashville, will occupy a building that was once a movie theather. (There was a short-lived effort by the Nashville State Community College to use that building as a satellite campus but evidently ended in failure.)

My point in mentioning this to you is that people of the Islamic faith are moving into areas that only a few years ago not many of us would have ever imagined. I'm sure that there are other communities besides Nashville/Middle TN where this same thing is now occuring.

While I believe we are told to love and pray for these individuals as lost sinners just as we ourselves were before receiving Jesus Christ as our personal Savior, I do not believe we need to support their efforts to proselytize their Islamic faith.

-----------------------------------------------------

"ALLAH SAVES!" (This was what I saw on a bumper sticker of a car not too far from where I lived!)

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The face of the country is drastically changed in recent years. My home town (In the middle of NE) in the fifties was 4500 or so people.

Today it is around 10,000 and as many spanish speaking churches as English.

In the last couple of years the hispanic population has been leaving and African immigrants are coming in to fill the job market.

Grand Island, NE (one of the largest in NE) has had similar population changes.

Back to topic, the news said a few days ago that there are a number of communities in the middle of mosque construction discussions.

There is a football team (Mostly Muslim kids) in the middle west that had their practice at night so the team could stay within rules of Ramadan.

Change is here and more is on the way.