1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mozilla vs IE hrefs don't work!

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by SpiritualMadMan, Oct 28, 2004.

1. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

Here's the problem I am experiencing...

I have always used IE and am used to developing within a Folder/Sub-Directory and using relative links based on where the start.htm page is at...

Well, I created a CD witht he source on it and all the links work correctly in IE but Mozilla won't follow the links...

If I open the page in Mozilla and edit it I have to be (apparently) in the 'Root' but even then IE doesn't like what the Mozilla editor puts out...

Arrrrgggghhhh!

So, does anyone have a clue as to what I should be looking up?

My web searches have been, shall we say, rather confusing...

But, I *really* need to develope the pages in a folder several deep and then put that folder onto the CD as the root...

What am I missing?

2. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

how are you coding your links? just give an example like
    <a href="www.yahoo.com">this one</a>.

If you do them as relative to a root directory, say start.html is in the root / and you want to link to a file in /subdir you might do it <a href="subdir/thefile.html"> which probably works in IE, or you could do it like <a href="/subdir/thefile.html"> which I think should work in any browser... but if this isn't the case, let me know.

3. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

Will get back to you when I get home tonight...

As near as I can figure IE will do relative links from the 'currently opened' page but mozilla seems to remain relative to the 'first opened' page...

Not sure... But, will try to confirm tonight...

As the software on the disk is only 'Windows' based and IE exists on all windows computers...

The quickest fix would be to write a small executable that invokes IE and points it to my Start.Htm page...

But, I still want to know the 'why'. [​IMG]

BTW: I have been hand-coding...

Methinks I'd better recheck my on-line web site with the newest Mozilla!