1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Music Downloads

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by StefanM, Jun 27, 2005.

1. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you use a music downloading service, which one do you use?

I use Wal-mart because the downloads are 88 cents instead of 99 cents.

2. Victory in Jesus

Victory in Jesus New Member

Can you post a link, Stefan? I've heard wal-mart was good, but every time I go there to check out the music, I get distracted by the merchandise and end up buying something. I never have made it to the music section, so I'm not sure if they even have the music I like.

Speaking of Walmart, John Walton, son of Sam Walton (founder of walmart?) died in a plane crash this morning (he was piloting an experimental aircraft).

We need to pray for the family.

But, as far as music goes, I just buy CD albums, save them to my computer and compress them on a single CD (using Sony's A-track) so I have about 40 cd albums on a single cd. I save the original cds in a safe place so I can copy it again if something happens to the copies (so far, so good).

If I only select the music I like, I would have missed out on a LOT of good music I learned off albums I purchased for only one or two songs on it.

3. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.walmart.com/music?path=0%3A4104

That should get you there.

I don't buy CD albums that often anymore because I don't have the money to buy a CD for one song on it. Plus, where I live, the only CDs at Wal-mart (which is basically the only store) are the biggest artists. It's VERY limited.

4. Victory in Jesus

Victory in Jesus New Member

Thank you for the link Stefan. CDs are expensive compared to buying per-song, but some of the songs I've received the most blessings from have been the ones that happened to be on the same disk of the songs I was trying to buy.

In fact, it seems the songs I start out disliking the most seem to be the ones I end up liking the most once I listened to them enough to learn them.

But, I'm not trying to talk you into anything. Just sharing. I can save $5 by buying Steve Green's latest CD at Walmart. Thanks!

Oh...sorry I didn't answer your question. But hopefully others will see it and answer. $.88 is not a bad price for a song.