1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Muslims voting for Hillary

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by church mouse guy, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She owes it to all Americans - whether they vote or not - to be an honest and wise leader. I don't know why you insist that political favors are due for people who vote secretly.

2. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't realize we had someone who performs abortions on the ballot. Is that a third party candidate?

I wonder myself. It seems that most people are losing their minds.

I am pro-life, and not just for people who are unborn. However, there is not a credible pro-life candidate on a major party ticket this year.

You are about to tell me that Trump promised to pick pro-life Supreme Court Justices. I have no confidence in that. Why?

1.) Trump has a terrible track record of keeping any promises. Ask his ex-wives, investors, employees, etc. He has consistently failed to release his tax returns. He apparently lies all the time on the campaign trail (although he is far from unique in that area).
    2.) Trump does not listen to advisors. He appears to chart his own course except when he gets into trouble and then will occasionally take advice for a short period of time, and then lapse into familiar habits. I don't think he will take good advice for competent conservative Judges for the Supreme Court and instead trust his own intuition.
    3.) Trump appears to know nothing of the Constitution. He has made a couple of misstatements revealing he is not familiar with the document. Moreover, he doesn't seem to understand (or perhaps he simple doesn't agree with) the First Amendment and it's protections for religious liberty and freedom of the press. If he doesn't understand the most basic rights of American citizens, how will he manage to pick decent Justices?

So the question of abortion is off the table in any practice sense. We can't afford to risk voting for Mr. Trump on the off chance that he actually nominates a couple of good Justices. Mr. Trump is incompetent for lead in many different ways, including his lack of respect for persons that have already been born.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    abortionist

[uh-bawr-shuh-nist]
    noun,
    1. a person who performs or induces abortions, especially illegally.
    2. a person who favors or advocates abortion as a right or choice that all women should have.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/abortionist

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No excuse for voting for a sleaze like Hillary. Further she does more to promote the slaughter of unborn children than any other candidate.

Don't assume. I do not support Trump nor will I vote for him. What bothers me is all of the absolute misrepresenting of him. It is just not honest.

Its never off the table.

5. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nothing. They owe her.

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Saying Muslims doesn't change the context. I know the extreme far left like to narrow in on single words to divorce them from their context in order to paint the worst possible picture but it lacks integrity.

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The rally's are huge. The problem with the polls are the samplings are intentionally skewed.

8. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The context was never in question. Terrorism is the excuse to do something unconstitutional.

You made a claim. I easily demonstrated it was false - providing the entire speech as context - allowing him to speak his position into the conversation. You are putting a spin on his words, I simply reported his words. Don't lecture me on integrity.

10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those reasons might also be true because trumpeteers don't mind being in large crowds of their own kind where they are not treated with ridicule and contempt.

HankD

11. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't take it off the table, the Republican Party took it off the table with their choice of candidate.

12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No you didn't. You continue the far left extreme spin and continue to use his words out of context. It is not unconstitutional in fact we have history of rejecting immigrants and refugees based on a number of reasons.

13. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its never off the table. It never justifies voting for an abortionist.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are confusing historicity with constitutionality. Historically, we have not always lived up to the Constitution. The internment of Japanese Americans is an example of that.

As far as I know, we have never rejected immigrants and refugees on the basis of religion. If you happen to know of a case, I would appreciate knowing about it. But even if we have, that is still unconstitutional.

#34 Baptist Believer, Oct 17, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  15. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am pro-life. That includes people who are also born. Until very recently, Mr. Trump claimed to be pro-choice. He hasn't been able to speak coherently regarding the pro-life position since he allegedly changed his mind. In fact, he is anything but pro-life in the way he speaks about people who are not white males.

It boils down to this. You trust Trump (or at least hope you can trust him) to select Justices who will eventually strike down Roe v. Wade, returning the question to the states.

I do not trust Trump to do that. The man can't even show us his tax return after promising to do so. I have already stated my other reasons previously in this thread. I also think his character, attitude and policies (although few have been coherently stated) will be detrimental to persons already born.

That's not to say that Ms. Clinton will be a good leader, but the Democratic Party can be a moderating influence on her worst tendencies. The Republican Party has demonstrated it has no influence on Trump.

We will both be judged on the Last Day for our decisions. I trust the Maker of the heavens and the earth to know why I have made certain choices. I have a clear conscience in this regard.

16. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I haven't heard a peep out of Trump regarding being pro-life, selecting pro-life judges, or anything about the rights of the unborn. Nothing.

You know if he were saying anything along these lines the opposition would be running ads against him day and night.

17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok I have already cleared this up once. I will attempt to do it one more time. If it is necessary any further then I will assume you are ignoring it just as you are with things related to Trump.

I am not supporting Trump. I will not vote for Trump. I do not trust Trump. My candidate is Darrel Castle. That is who I will be voting for. Just because I oppose blatant misrepresentations of Trump does not mean I support him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  19. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have never thought otherwise. However, you are defending Trump against my critique, so expect my responses to reflect that. I know that you think Trump is a bad candidate, but I'm sure you realize that the next President will be either Trump or Clinton, and I know you prefer Trump over Clinton.

20. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No sir that is not what you said in post number 35 you said:

I was addressing that which is distinctly different than preferring Trump over Hillary. I have never said I trust Trump for SC judges or anything else. Please do not assert things I have not said.