1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Biblical "One-Versionism" stance. That would be KJV.

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by mjwegs42, Sep 10, 2004.

1. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus changed the scripture, but God allowed the first draft into the Bible anyway. That's a pretty good view of preservation, I guess.

2. mjwegs42

mjwegs42 New Member

rsr,

Jesus did not change the scripture, he taught it! Read the whole chapter, you will see that it talks of Jesus teaching in verse 15. But come to verse 18 and we are all doubting Thomas. Do not take away the Lords authority. By changing this verse you remove Christ authority over scripture! And as clear as day God preserved the prophecy (Is 61) and the fulfilment (Luke 4).

3. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I read the whole chapter.

Jesus read from the prophet (standard synagogue custom and now standard Baptist practice) and then taught. If he changed the text that the elders were accustomed to, it surely would have been noted in Luke. The possibilities (if you don't accept that Jesus read from a non-Masoretic text) is that the elders didn't know the scripture or that Luke omitted the furor that Jesus' freeness with the scripture created. Take your pick.

I don't know what more is to be said.