1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My freeware collection, and an inquiry

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Aki, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Aki

Aki Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Assuming Windows 98 or later is intalled in a PC, i see the following as the best freewaresin their respective category...

Music:

1. Winamp (MP3 player). Windows has its own Media Player, but for MP3, Winamp (version 2.x) is easier to use and loads faster too.
    2. audiograbber, the free version (MP3 converter). of course it has the full version for a small price, though the free version will do for some little more work.

Graphics:

1. Pixia (graphcis editor): it can draw anything, depending on the user's ability. has many professional features for a graphics editor.
    2. Formati11. Converts almost any graphics file type to almost any graphics file type.
    3. Movies12 and Microsoft GIF Animator. that's it, GIF animator.

Zip & Split utilities:

1. BigSpeed Zip and Ultimate Zip. it's like using Winzip, but it's free.
    2. Winsplit. Split and join files. create self joining files.

Bible Softwares:

1. E-sword and Online Bible.

Others:

1. Avant Browser: enhanced internet explorer.

now for inquiry.

is there any free program that creates virtual cd-rom drive? based on what i've read so far, CloneCD and Alcohol 120% are the best in the market. these would create virtual cd rom drives and surpass any protection that a cd comes with. of course this is intended only for personal back-up copies of licensed softwares. again, does anyone know of a similar program that is freeware and would run in Window 98/Me?

2. Pastork

Pastork New Member

Here is one program i found, but haven't tried it myself:

"Circle Virtual CD creates a virtual CD-ROM drive on your Windows PC. This allows you to make images of your favorite CD-ROMs and use them without inserting a CD into a CD-ROM drive. Circle Virtual CD: 1) improves the speed at which you access data, 2) stops you from having to switch disks in and out of your CD-ROM drive. Use Circle Virtual CD to easily access your favorite games, favorite music or favorite software programs. Since Circle Virtual CD uses CircleScan(tm), nearly *any* CD can be imaged."
    (Information copied from website)

http://www.circleofone.com/

If you try it and like it, be sure to let us know!

Pastork

3. Aki

Aki Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    thank you Pastork [​IMG]

however, the software would not actually work in Windows 9x/Me, and i have Windows 98. i've read in the website however that there may be a version of it for Windows 9x/Me in the near future.