1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Jehovah's witness

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Emily25069, May 6, 2006.

1. epistemaniac

epistemaniac New Member

I said the "average" Christian Jack... if you studied long and hard for three days prior to your meeting with the JW's... if you consulted Walter Martin's Kingdom of the Cults in order to prepare for your encounter, you are not an average Christian, and it was Walter Martin himself who actually said "the average Jehovah's Witness can make a "doctrinal pretzel" out of the average Christian in about 30 seconds." ... so I was being generous by making it 5 minutes instead of 30 seconds [​IMG]

blessings,
    Ken

2. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

Their black list is God's book of life list. [​IMG]

3. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

You may be right since sadly, the average Christian has an inch of dust on their Bible.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Where can I get one? How often do you have to feed them? Do they do well in a kennel while you are at work?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]I don't know if I'd want one, they look like they eat a lot and they come in pairs [​IMG] [​IMG]

[ May 09, 2006, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: webdog ]

5. epistemaniac

epistemaniac New Member

You may be right since sadly, the average Christian has an inch of dust on their Bible. </font>[/QUOTE]sad it is... I have heard it also put like this... American Christianity is 3000 miles wide, and 1 inch deep... :(

blessings,
    Ken

6. genesis12

genesis12 Member

I have invited JWs & Mormons in, but I have never convinced them to change their tune. Needless to say, I hold my own in the discussions. Both used to come more often. Maybe they wrote down my street address as a place to avoid. I usually start with, "I weep for you. I would love to lead you to saving faith in Christ Jesus." I want to read John 1:11, John 3:16-17, John 14:6, Romans 10:8-13 after they reject my offer, but I rarely get that far. When the Mormons want to start by praying, I reject that immediately. I don't know who they are talking to!

KEN!! I so appreciate that description, "3,000 miles wide & one inch deep." It's worth a thousand words!