1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured My testimony glorifies the Lord God Almighty!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by evangelist-7, Jun 3, 2012.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The gospel doesn't need signs and wonders; it never did. One of those signs, tongues, were a specific sign to the Jews. Judgment came in 70 A.D. After that the sign was superfluous. It was no longer needed (1Cor.14:21,22).

Jesus said "An evil and adulterous generation seek after a sign, but I say unto you there shall no sign be given unto them but the sign of Jonah. For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the whale so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Signs and wonders are things that an evil and adulterous generation seek after. Those are the words of Jesus.

The words of Paul:
    1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1 Corinthians 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

1 Corinthians 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the holy spirit confirmed the gospel message, that yeshua was the messiah, by signs and wonders, as bible not offocial a "canon: status yet, but since now the Bible is completed, full and only revelation from God for us today...

just need to teach/preach the bible now, and let the Holy Spirit do His work!

3. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You say the gospel doesn't need signs and wonders and it never did. HOWEVER, THAT IS HOW GOD TESTIFIED TO THE GOSPEL.

It is so hard to read how you distort the truth.

God confirmed the message of his grace by enabling them to do miraculous signs and wonders.

Acts 14:3 So Paul and Barnabas spent considerable time there, speaking boldly for the Lord, who confirmed the message of his grace by enabling them to do miraculous signs and wonders.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The signs and wonders were in the first century and then they ceased.

Again. Jesus said "An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign."
    The only sign that is given to this generation is the gospel.
    Signs have ceased.

5. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Since the following was soooo good, and no one really spoke to it at all ...
    it must need repeating ... so, let's try it a second time:

(1) Would you care to comment on how the world has been evangelized during the past few decades?

Of course, I'm talking about Jesus' and Paul's method of preaching the gospel with accompanying signs and wonders.
    Paul called this preaching the full gospel ... the truth of the gospel being CONFIRMED by miracles, etc.

(2) Would you care to comment on my testimony in the OP?

(3) Blaming Satan, giving him credit, etc. for everything is a valid opinion re: (1) and (2).
    But I can't even get any Muslims to do this ... How about you?

(4) In addition:
    Claiming that the Holy Spirit did NOT perform the miracles which accompanied the gospel,
    but attributing them to Satan instead, was what Jesus said blaspheming the Holy Spirit was all about.
    What sayest thou?

Maybe we need to simplify things ... and play by numbers.