1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My voting habits have changed...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Jack Matthews, Sep 8, 2006.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The aclu has no soul to be concerned about.

2. PresidentAdams

PresidentAdams New Member

PresidentAdams.com

I'm a few weeks behind on finding this discussion, but I encourage you to visit my campaign site at www.PresidentAdams.com. If you have questions or comments, feel free to contact me.

Steve
    [email protected]

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to the board, Steve! I hope you will be participating on this board as the 2008 presidential campaign ramps up.

I like your positions on the issues. I do have a different take on the Electoral College as I like the bit of extra weight that the smaller states receive. Also, when there are controversies, such as in 2000, it keeps the controversy isolated. Just imagine if the popular vote was razor thin and the number of lawsuits that could happen nationwide instead of just in one state.

4. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

What incredible sanctimony, you are a master.

5. PresidentAdams

PresidentAdams New Member

Valid point about the razor thin popular vote. But the chance of this is far less than the possibilities of 50 razor thin state votes. The electoral college also lends to the feeling that people's votes really don't count anyway. I live in a red state, or a blue state... my vote will never matter. Nationwide, every vote would count.

Would I as president be able to change this? No, it's a constitutional amendment. Just stating where I stand.

I was on FOX News last night. 3 minute interview can be seen today at www.PresidentAdams.com.

Steve

6. Daisy

Daisy New Member

I can't argue there :laugh: