1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy Reagan Praises Obama

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by LeBuick, Mar 9, 2009.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

http://www.wowowow.com/politics/obama-has-ally-nancy-reagan-stem-cell-research-232648

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I never thought of Nancy as that conservative or as Christian. Remember, she's the one who used an astrologer.

3. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Should we be impressed with Nancy Reagon's opinion? She consulted astrologers in the WH! She advised her husband according to occult charts. We are warned repeatedly to avoid giving audience to such influences. It is among the chief practices which God abhors. Without knowing that she respects God.... I have no confidence in her opinion, advice, or judgement......and sufficient reason to doubt!

As regarding embryonic stem cell research....... I don't doubt but what it is evil by design. Perhaps some are placated thinking it is only clumps of cells which will be lost anyway, 'unintended extras left over from attempts at fertility.... but they don't know the evil imaginations of science which finds ways to expand on this resource....and will.....now that the restraint is removed from applications.

4. targus

targus New Member

LeBuick why do you not have faith that God will provide cures for these illness that do not require the destruction of other innocent human life?

Why are you so on the bandwagon for the killing of human life in this manner?

I just don't get it.

Especially coming from someone who claims to be a pastor.

I am mystified.

5. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unfortunately, Ronald Reagan was the only true conservative in the entire family. Nancy, his daughter (I don't know her name), & Ron are not conservatives.

His adopted son (Michael) is more of Republican cheerleader than a conservative. When I used to listen to the Mike Reagan Show, he didn't seem to care much about the true conservative candidates running. One time I called in on his show to ask him about his opinion on Pat Buchanan. All he could say to me was that "he needs to run for dog catcher before running for president."

6. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

You beat me to this one Marcia.

But, I would like to point out that most progressives, (this is the politically correct name for liberals), believe that astrology is just as valid of a religious belief as christianity is. In fact, I think a good number of them would believe the stars long before they believe the Bible.

AJ

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Amen :thumbs:

8. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I always wondered what Ronnie saw in that woman.

9. Enoch

Enoch New Member

LeBuick, what do you think of adult stem cell research
    ???

10. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I think generally that is true. But there are Republican astrologers, believe it or not. The woman who gave a lot of money to the astrology assoc. I was in and who bought 2 buildings for us was a conservative Republican. I also knew a numerologist who was one, too. In the crowd I was in, however, politics was not a big topic except for analyzing the charts of political leaders.

11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ronnie was a libbie until they got him on medication and got it under control. Apparently the rest of the family refused the medication.

12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I was not endorsing the research, Nancy Reagan did. Did you read it?

Do you believe God provides some of our advancements via research? I don't recall many cures just mysteriously appearing one day. We usually researched and came up with the cure.

13. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I have never seen a study proving progressives have a particular religious preference. Do you have a link?

14. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Thanks for asking instead of just assuming like others... My understanding of "adult" stem cell research is that the cells come from adult tissues. If that is the case, I see no problem with it.

15. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Wasn't he a democrat before he converted?

16. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

So conservatism is the result of being on drugs. Interesting view, but it explains a lot! :tongue3:

17. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Now that was fuuuuuuuny... Look at all the followers he had.

18. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Maybe Clinton would be conservative if he had inhaled?

"When I was in England, I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale and never tried it again." –Bill Clinton

19. targus

targus New Member

Endorse? No my impression is that your position on embryonic stem cell research which destroys life is that it is a "necessary" evil.

Yes, I do believe that God provides.

I am asking why you do not trust that God will provide the same advances without the evil of destroying life to accomplish them.