1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBA champs

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by AV1611Preacher, Apr 20, 2005.

?
  1. Detroit

25.0%
  2. Chicago

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Indiana

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Boston

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Philly

3.6%
  6. New Jersey

7.1%
  7. Miami

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Washington

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Seattle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Denver

7.1%
  11. Phoenix

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Sacramento

32.1%
  13. San Antonio

21.4%
  14. Dallas

3.6%
  15. Houston

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Memphis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. OCC

OCC Guest

I should have kept my mouth shut. :(

2. OCC

OCC Guest

I don't even know why I watch basketball. Yeah I like the fast pace but it is so annoying. One little finger on a guy and it's a foul and if the defender stands there like an idiot it's an OFFENSIVE foul! Unbelievable. :(

The way I see it is if you want to go up for a dunk you better be prepared to get a forearm in the forehead. THAT would be basketball.

"Big time kudos to the Pistons!! They were a worthy, worthy champion for the past year. I have nothing but the utmost respect for their tenacity and solid brand of basketball. I was extremely, extremely impressed at how few times they turned the ball over in this series. I was afraid the the Spurs' turnovers would do them in."

right on Ken. [​IMG] They should have won, the way they fought back all series...but they just ran out of gas it looked like. They choked but I don't mean that in the real derogatory way some would. I hope it's a rematch next season.

3. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Congratulations to the Spurs. I agree with Jimmy on the MVP. Kind of iffy on Duncan, but hey he is a great guy.
    They switch up the refing,.. calling a lot of touch fouls. I think both teams had to switch for the refing more than 2 or 3 times though through the series.
    I think the Spurs earned it though,not going to blame the refs. I think though that maybe Ken was right when he said the Heat may have worn the pistons out. I mean as far as Ben Goes. He had two good games in the series but was not himself for the others.
    Rather we met again I think depends alot on whether Brown stays or not.

Just got done with a root canal (and another crown) so it has been a bad two days for me. First my pistons then my teeth. Although the bill hurt me worst then both the loss and the root canal. ;)

4. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Hey I went back and read over the thread. It was fun, Cept when I blew my cool. Looking at all the predictions and stuff was neat.

5. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Tim

I followed your lead and went back and re read the thread as well - looks like you owe Ken as Rashweed jersey! If he doesn't want it I'm a XL-XXl!

6. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Sorry, Pistons was lost in NBA Championship last night.

7. OCC

OCC Guest

In the words of Darth Vader "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

If I deny it enough it may change the fact eh?

8. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I have been out of town for the last week, but just thought I would pop in and say congrats to the Spurs on their championship. This thread has been fun, and I look forward to next years NBA season and a chase for another championship.

9. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Your absolutely right Jimmy. If you two send me your addy I will take care of you. Won't force a Rasheed jersy on you two but will send you something you'll appreciate. Send me your size too Ken.

Had a good time with all. We would of had a blast watching the playoffs together (lot of conversation!). Now what to do with my life now that the playoffs are over?! ;)

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tim,

You don't have to send me anything. Thanks anyway. You're a good guy. [​IMG]

The Spurs third championship is enough for me. [​IMG]

11. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

WOW! With the Spurs you always get your money's worth! I'm a big Spurs fan, BUT, didn't believe they could win the Big One. Guess I'll have to admit Steve Kerr was right all along.

12. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Yim

I will ditto Ken

This was one of the most fun NBA playoffs I have been a part of, it was the fun of the debate on this board that made it - cant wait for next year!

GO MAVS!!

13. David M Walker

David M Walker New Member

"Next year" is HERE! GO MAVS!!