1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBA Finals

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by FriendofSpurgeon, Jun 6, 2006.

?
  1. Dallas

9 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Miami

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  3. Don't Care

10 vote(s)
    41.7%
  1. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Stackhouse probably would have been Ok if he had a) actually gone after the ball, and/or b) not hit Shaq in the head.

I didn't stay up to watch Game 5 last night, but I did catch the last 4 minutes of OT on an ESPN replay this morning. What a finish.

BTW, those complaints from your wife about how long it takes to play the last few minutes of a game may be justified. I was on the treadmill watching the end of Game 5 this morning, and it took 30 minutes to play 4 minutes.

Jimmy C, if you guys down there were on triple suicide watch after Game 4, what about now? That was a tough loss.

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Miami has played great the last 3 games. I am not sure they can play like that in Dallas.

Should be a great game 6.

3. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I disagree - Miami hasn't really played great during the last three games. Miami played great in game four. That is the only game of the series where they have played up to their potential. D-Wade played great last night, but not the rest of the team.

To win in Dallas, the entire Heat team - especially the bench - will have to step up their game. Plus, they have to hit the free throws - especially the big guy. Lastly, look for Riley to come up with a solution of the Hack a Shaq that the Mavs started last night.

Game 6 should be a good one.

4. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Yesterday was tough - I think the Mavs will win tonight. Miami is a different team away from home - at least they were in the first two games. Key tonight is to keep Wade below 30 - if they do, the Mavs win. 30-40 toss up, over 40 we will see you at the Heat Parade.

I have tried very hard to not complain about reffs, as I think that it all evens out in a six or seven game series, that said, I thought Miami got some very generous calls sunday night - I look for some of those calls to go Dallas' way tonight. I wont complain about the foul inequity though - Miami took the ball to the hole and got the calls, Dallas is settling for the jump shots - big mistake in my opinion. Every time they get the ball I scream at the TV to take it in, dont understand why they dont listen. Just like my 14 yr old daughter!!!

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Anyone wishing to change their vote from Dallas before tonights game?

6. PastorSBC1303

Not I. I expect Dallas to win tonight and to win the series.

7. Convicted by the Spirit

I think D.Wade is going to need to have one heck of a game to beat the Mavs tonight on their home court.

8. FriendofSpurgeon

Site Supporter

Maybe the owner's fine of $250,000 for "venting" and profanity will help spur them on.

Should be a good game six.

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I don't care for the Mavs. They seem like a bunch of cry babies, with a rich spoiled brat as owner. The last moments of game 5 were comical. Avery Johnson does a dumb thing giving the signal for a t.o. to his player, the player calls the t.o., then Johnson and Cuban blame the officials for knowing better. On top of that Cuban shows his ignorance of the backcourt violation rules under two minutes when D-Wade takes the inbound pass from the frontcourt into the backcourt. I'm glad he got fined, the officials weren't at fault.

10. FriendofSpurgeon

Site Supporter

Just read that Dirk was find $5,000 for his temper tantrum after game.

11. PastorSBC1303

Congrats to Miami, I would have never believed that they would be able to win 4 in a row against Dallas!

Wade and Haslem played great tonight.

12. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Reffs revenge on mark cuban - this was the worst officiated game I have ever seen. Wade got MJ calls all night. Mavs took the ball to the hole and got nothing. The last call on dirk was the worst - wade threw a forearm into dirk and got the call - unbelieveable

13. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

I think david stern blew that last whistle on dirk

14. PastorSBC1303

Jimmy, I know it is frustrating seeing your team go down. But the Mavs lost 4 in a row, that is not the Refs fault. Don't go the route of the Piston fans and start making excuses.

The Heat won, they are the champs. It was a fun season and playoffs!

15. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

I think you know me well enough to know that I dont bash reffs, but tonight was frustrating from the get go. I could not believe the calls that wade was getting.

It was a great season, and playoffs. Mavs should never have lost game 3 - they did that to themselves. But seriously, that last call against dirk at an absolutely critical time in the game was pathetic

16. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

ah well - off to bed (not to sleep) I can probably discuss this game with a cooler head tomorrow!

17. Convicted by the Spirit

Well I can agree that Mark Cuban needs to just keep his mouth shut. He probably did hack a few refs off by some of his comments. The refs probably took that on to the court and used it against him. Worst officiated game ever? No way. Dallas had their chance to win. Dirk passed off the ball to dampier when he could have just shot it at the end. Terry missed a three pointer at the end ... who cares if someone is tugging at your jersey ... make the shot. D.Wade even gift wrapped it by missing two free throws. Dallas just flat out lost. The refs did not cause them to lose ... they just lost.

congrats to the Heat they played one heck of a series. D.Wade ... he is going to be legendary. He looked like a champion out on that court.

18. Convicted by the Spirit

I don't think Cuban is getting the message ... maybe they should start doubling the fines. Next fine should be 500,000 then 1,000,000 then ...

19. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I've never understood complaining about the refs. It's a no-win proposition.

If you/your team wins, you're probably not going to complain about the refs. If you do, the question is, "Why are you complaining about the refs when you won the game?"

If you/your team loses, then you have a jerk like me saying that you just can't deal with the fact that you/your team wasn't good enough to win. Either way, complaining about the refs is a no-win situation

Besides, were the refs at fault for Jason Terry missing the wide-open 3 at the end of the game? What about Shaq getting whistled for 5 fouls? If the refs are going to swallow their whistle, why do it for Wade and not for Shaq too?

In my best Sid the Sloth voice, "I'm a genius!" :smilewinkgrin:

20. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

Oh well (with my Eore voice inflection) I guess I'll just wait for next year and root for the Lakers and the Celtics. :laugh: :laugh:

My post season predictions were less than stellar one might say embarrassing. See you all next basketball season. Go Duke, UCLA, OSU Cowboys and OU Sooners.

I am not an NFL fan though I may check in from time to time.