1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Near Death Experiences

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Martin, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Actually there are plenty of examples of what we refer to as "hellish" NDEs. While many of these accounts do not match Scriptural evidence about hell (etc), and therefore must be dismissed as bad dreams, they do show that not all NDEs are positive.

2. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I beleive that when the body begins to shut down your cells excrete a chemical which causes a euphoric feeling and can be responsible for dream like visions. I don't believe in actual NDE appart from the physical responce to dying.

3. paul wassona

paul wassona New Member

No, dreams are a very important part of the bible. NDE is a dream and God can reveal what the bible already says. Must you always be so negative and sound so bitter?

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I'm apt to disbelieve the accuracy of anyone providing a description of heaven OR hell.
    Biblical opinion ---> Isn't it for man once to die, and after THIS the judgement? Near death isn't death. It's just near it. So one can't say that what is experienced in an NDE is an indication of whether that person is a saint or a sinner.

Personal opinion ---> Besides, it's logical that anyone who has ever had true experiences with the spirit world does NOT discuss what they saw. They just don't. If it's of God it's too glorious to tell, if it's not of God it's too horrific to dwell on long enough to say boo to anyone about.

5. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The problem is 99.99% of the NDE's I have read contradict what the Bible says. So, I reject NDE's as a source of any truth. The scriptures are sufficient for me.

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with this.

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

I beleive in scripture, not false teachinsg of men, so if thats negative, I don't care, and for your information, I'm not the elast bit bitter, but I hae to see people twist scripture to make their junk sound good and acceptable when it's from satan.

what he said

8. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting statement. What scripture does NDE contradict? I am curious, not arguing. I do believe it is always dangerous to limit God to our human understanding.

#48 Crabtownboy, Feb 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2010
  9. paul wassona

paul wassona New Member

Just dreamed a young male virgin was to beoffered for a sacrifice. A young girl said she'd ruin that by making sure he was no longer virgin. The female leader of the cult went into a fit and cried that there would be no one to die for her. I wrapped my arms around her telling her that one had already died for us all and was risen. His name is Jesus. That was an NDE for the person in my dream, what is unscriptural about that? As I said, dreams that agree with the bible are not wrong, only the parts that describe things that go against the bible are wrong. NDE is dreaming, depending upon one for revelation is charismatic and should be avoided. People are obsessed with dreams and what they mean, but they are still just dreams

10. Hawkins

Hawkins New Member

If God exist, NDE may have nothing to do with death. Death could be a very well defined process which one will never return unless allowed by God.

11. paul wassona

paul wassona New Member

"If God exist"??? Look unto the heavens and they declare the glory of the all existent One! Look unto the Cross and see what his Son For every man hath done. Look unto a borrowed tomb and see its occupant risen and gone! Look unto the heavens once more watching for him again soon to come!

12. donnA

donnA Active Member

so si there a poster here whose not sure God exists?

13. Hawkins

Hawkins New Member

I am sure that God exists and I know well what death (not NDE) is.

14. donnA

donnA Active Member

there seemed to be one saying they didn't know for sure.

15. Hawkins

Hawkins New Member

Who is he/she then?

16. donnA

donnA Active Member

back up a page or two

17. Hawkins

Hawkins New Member

Yep, I experienced more or less the same. The difference could be that I was not alone, there are something out there. :smilewinkgrin: