1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Need some advice...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by jet11, Oct 15, 2007.

1. jet11

jet11 Member

I am sorry if I misled you with my original post. The pastor knew of the vote ahead of time. They simply set the date for the Sunday that the pastor would be on vacation.

Also, I learned that a former deacon approached him asking him to retire. He is 45 years old and feels led to pastor a Church. I can't imagine having the audacity to ask someone to ignore God's calling in favor of a Church member's request.

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would shake the dust off my shoes and leave them to God's judgment.

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Changing a church one person at time can be done--sometimes for the positive, sometimes for the negative. If you choose to stay, don't let the negative be your demise. Remember to be in the word, to know and be connected with the power of God.

4. standingfirminChrist

Voting shepherds out?? Unbiblical actions altogether!!

Votes do not belong to the sheep (as was pointed out earlier. It was the leadership who cast lots and appointed Matthias as an Apostle to replace Judas (of course they got that wrong).

Leadership of the Church should pray and seek God's guidance on pastoral position, sheep do not tell the shepherd how to do his business.

The vote was not proper. The gossiper's should be addressed by the leadership of the Church (in a loving manner) and the pastor better pray before stepping out of that pulpit if he feels that God put him there.

And you need to stay until God tells you to leave as well.