1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

network cable?

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by donnA, Jun 21, 2005.

1. donnA

donnA Active Member

When I turn my computer on or when I come back to ti and it is in sleep mode I get this little box from the task bar that says a network cable is unplugged. What does that mean?

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

It sounds like sleep mode is turning down your NIC. Does it come back up after a few seconds?

3. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Magnetic Poles sounds about right.

It usually means your network cable is not plugged in. Do you have a home network?

On my laptop I have it set up for wire network but use it mostly on wireless and always have a network cable loose error.

I have had my laptop - slower machine - have problems at times sensing something missing before that items drivers have been loaded. This might be a possible also.

4. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If your local area connection is active but you have no cable plugged in, you'll get that message.

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

StefanM, that may be it, we don't have a network of the two computers, we intend too possibly in the future. So does that mean it is nothing to be concerned about?

6. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you aren't using an ethernet port to connect to the internet, then you won't have any problems. If you must use the port, you won't have net access without the cable plugged in--but obviously you have net access!