1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Again

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Wordtraveler, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Wordtraveler

Wordtraveler New Member

Hi guys!
    I'm back on BB, ready to dialogue, discuss, & debate!
    Not that anyone would really remember, but I was a member once before. (I didn't post a whole lot.) I think it was around 2005. I've had some computer issues, & I've been really busy in ministry.
    I've started Autumn Life Minisries (I lead a church/worship service in the local nursing home 3 Saturdays a month). I mention that because I desire your prayers on behalf of that particular ministry.
    I have a good number of residents who attend, & I was privileged to see a 73 year old man surrender to Christ just two weeks ago! I had been working on him for a year!
    Its a true miracle when God takes a life-long stony heart & makes it a "heart of flesh"!
    In Christ,
    WT:jesus::godisgood:

2. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Hello and welcome.

Blessings

following-Him

3. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome back and praise the Lord for the salvation of the one you mentioned. That is great!

4. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Welcome back!!

BB needs all the people from the Volunteer State at it can get so that we can keep the rest of dem dare furners in line!! :thumbsup:

5. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Welcome Back!

6. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Welcome back!!

7. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I've lived in Kentucky for a long time, but am a West Tennesseean by birth and still have family there. Welcome from a transplant who bleeds Kentucky blue, but sweats Tennessee orange.

8. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Welcome back.

9. Shannon_loves_Jesus

Shannon_loves_Jesus New Member

Hi World Traveler,

I just closed my eyes and said a prayer for you. I prayed that God give you the confidence, peace, and the right words, and comfort to use on this sweet population of people whom you are ministering to in the nursing home.

That's wonderful that you've targeted these people. So many people in nursing homes do not have any visitors (no family, no friends), and it brings them so much joy for visitors to come by and spend time with them.

Some of those people who are really tough to reach, the ones who may be cold, bitter, hateful might be difficult to reach, but these are the ones that sometimes if you don't go into it preaching hard core and just be kind, visit, hang out, and spend some quality time with them and develop trust, and go into it easy, well maybe that right there will be a good witnessing tool. Once they see how kind, nice, loving, and giving that you are then maybe when you preach the gospel it will be easier to talk to them, and they will be more receptive.

What a wonderful thing you are doing.

Keep it up, and I will continue to keep you in my prayers as you witness to the sweet elderly.

Thank you for witnessing to them.

Shannon