1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New and improved poll on 10 Commandments

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Alcott, Nov 20, 2007.

?
  1. All 10 C’s are applicable to Christians exactly as stated

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  2. A Christian may choose which C’s to obey

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. All 10 C’s are applicable to Christians, with some expounded (i.e., lust=adultery)

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  4. The 10 C’s are superseded by the 2 C’s [love God; love your neighbor as yourself]

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  5. A Christian is obligated to those C’s specifically commanded in the New Testament

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. There are 8 ½ C’s for Christians—less the Sabbath and “making ANY likeness of ANYthing”

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. The 10 C’s ended with the beginning of the church age

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 9 C’s are applicable to Christians—resting on the 7th day is not

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  9. 9 C’s are applicable to Christians, with the Sabbath modified [which day; boiling water OK]

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  10. None of these fit my understanding of the 10 C’s applicability to Christians

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In Romans 2 Paul does not say "Jews are not justified" any more than he says "Gentiles are not justified".

Rather in Romans 2 Paul argues that NEITHER Jew NOR Gentile will be justified if they persue rebellion. Paul argues that regardless of whether one is JEW or GENTILE -- if they choose rebellion instead of yielding to Gospel repentance- they will burn.

He starts the chapter in vs 4 with the context of "Gospel repentance" then he states that "according to my Gospel GOD WILL judge the world" in the future. He states clearly in vs 11-13 the basis for that judgment. It is clearly stated for all to read.

in Christ,

Bob

#21 BobRyan, Nov 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2007
  2. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    As an exercise for the reader -- take a look at this core section of Romans 2 --

1. Do you see "Gospel" mentioned here?
    2. Do you see "repentance" mentioned here?
    3. Do you see "just Jews condemned" here?
    4. Do you see "just Gentiles" getting eternal life here?
    5. Does God say he is partial to Gentile or Jew here?
    6. Do you see a future judgment mentioned here?
    7. Do you find it to be based on works?? DOERS of the LAW?
    8. Is "Justification" mentioned here in the context of the "Gospel" that Paul preached?

Rom 2
    4 Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the
    kindness of God leads you to repentance?

5 But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the [b]righteous judgment of God,
    6 who
    WILL RENDER TO EACH PERSON ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS: [/b]

7 to those who by perseverance in doing good seek for glory and honor and
    immortality, eternal life;
    8 but to those who are selfishly ambitious and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness
    , wrath and indignation.
    9 There will be [b
    ]tribulation and distress for every soul of man who does evil[/b], of the Jew first and also of the Greek,
    10 but
    glory and honor and peace to everyone who does good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

Rom 2
    11 For there is no partiality with God.
    12 For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law;
    13 for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the
    doers of the Law will be justified.

14 For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves,
    15 in that they show the
    work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them,
    16 on the day
    when, according to my GOSPEL, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus.

#22 BobRyan, Nov 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2007
  3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Allow me to explain my vote on the very last dot - none of the above, because the Word is, that the Law is ... not, "for the Christian" ... but, "is for the transgressor" - that is, the unbeliever non-Christian, scorner! The Law shall catch up with you all, also with you despisers of the Fourth Commandment while being the patrons of saints on all the other nine!
    Second reason: That now, Christ is for the believer in Him, The Law of God - absolutely without exceptions or reservations, and that now, Christ exclusively is it, that "brings us to Christ" - no longer the Letter or whole of the Law, and that now only, has the Law and the Letter and Whole of it, found its Fulfilment in Jesus Christ - NOT -NEVER- in US!

I believe this is what makes of anyone a Legalist, or a Freeman of Christ's. (I in my heart every time I say, 'Freemen of Christ's', wish there was a Church with it for a name. I shall join it; but never shall start or try to start it, because I think it can only become the name of Christ's Church of all ages and lands the day it shall repent of its sins and despising of the Commandments of God.)

#23 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Nov 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2007
  4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    BR
    "according to my Gospel GOD WILL judge the world"

GE
    What is Paul's Gospel? It is Christ; it is Jesus Christ the Resurrected Crucified. God according to Christ (The Law) will judge the world. Wait ans see; you think the Two Stones will in that day be shown on television around the world and each one's case point for point checked against the Ten Words?

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I notice I'm on the winning side with my vote cast in the last dot, BR couldn't have foreseen any possibilities other than his own... hi-hi-hi.

6. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Yes, you do. :laugh:

Pastor Bob is my oldest son and a very GOOD son too! :love2:

Son...you missed some good vittles and thank you for adding the "1". I"m surprised I missed that since I use it so much... :wavey:

7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Bound
    "I dare say that no one who reads Galatians can reach any other conclusion...

the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect."

GE
    Indeed, and add my favourite text - I know that text by heart and, b y experience - "Hou de epleonasen heh hamartia, hupereperisseusen heh charis!" Praise God for his mercies! The mercies of David whose sins were so plentyful and so great! ""Where sin abounded, grace did much more abound!" (I only very recently discovered why or how God could call David the man after his heart - it's because he was that sinner so far fallen caught up by so far reaching out mercy and love - from God's heart!)

8. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well then congratulations are in order to you - the raising of a son that has done so well reflects on his parents (As Proverbs says - it is an honor to the parents when the children do well).

God's blessings to you both.

in Christ,

Bob

9. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Indeed ONE Gospel in ALL of time!

in Christ,

Bob

10. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So far the "new improved poll" has the option listed as "NONE" as the winning option. (7 votes so far)

Comparing the two polls on the Ten Commandments is left as an exercise for the reader.

in Christ,

Bob