1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured New Gospel Tract- The Atheist Test

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "InTheLight,

I am sure I missed them...lolRoflmaoCautiouso_ORoflmao

Well now..speaking of clown posts...let's see what you offered here;

So in this thread alone 5 of your 7 posts are against a Cal, or mention calvinism.... on a thread about tracts????
    real good stuff, very helpful....yeah...I should have liked this alot.Thumbsup

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know. I don't think people realize it, John. You and I have been critical of each other before, and there is still the rabbit thing, so no one that I know of on this forum are innocent. But we are not perfect.

I truly do not believe it was as bad here 10 years ago. But who knows, it wasn't all roses then either.

My advice is to be faithful, discuss things here if you want, but be responsible for your own actions. Regardless of the slogan, this is not a judgment free zone. We are accountable for how we treat others, not how we are treated. I have been trying to change (you notice, we've been getting along...I even answered your quiz ).

Anyway, I know others will not like it but we are responsible for our actions and not theirs. I've apologized to several here even though I'm sure they doubt my sincerity. I've tried to correct some issues only to have my intentions ridiculed. But I have done what I needed to do in obedience to my Lord and Savior in my life. So all is well, I don't care how this is received. Don't worry about those people. Worry about your faithfulness to God's call and treat people as you have been commanded to treat people.

And don't spend too much time here. There is often more than a little ungodliness in these threads. Don't steep in it.

I remember advice from a well known Reformed pastor (now retired) - visit online discussion sites rarely - they are not good for discipleship, rarely used by God, and often used by the Adversary. God can make use of you in better ways. Perhaps he had a point (I thought so back then as well, but I enjoy these discussions).

#102 JonC, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  3. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Well better here than Facebook as that one is the worst.

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look, why don't you use the search function, search for my name and use the search term "Calvinism" and once you get the results click Dislike on every single one of my posts. Save you a lot of time over your current technique of clicking Dislike on my posts as you run across them. Using my method you can get a whole bunch of them in minutes.

Then you can run over to Internet Theologian's threads and Like his and he can Like yours back at ya. Yay!

5. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

You are not the first non cal to show up and take your little drive by pot shots on here.
    You have yet to respond to any post in any meaningful way.
    If you have concerns and a different point of view why not just post it like a man, instead of like a little jr.high school boy....who just got older.

There have been several non cals in the past who could attempt to articulate a biblical position. Discussion went back and forth , verses were offered without all these petty nonsense that you and others like you offer.

You want to know why the others have posts that people like??? They offer something, scripture, links, sermons....join in or not.
    I have no reason to look up any of your "posts".....when I do see them they are on the wrong side of things most of the time so I say so. Is that a crime?
    You have not liked some of my posts....you do not see me crying about it do you?
    Frankly...unless you man up and stand your ground....you seem to be wasting time as you offer next to nothing to really read or respond to.
    Most people ignore what you say because what you offer is vacuous as far as learning or building anyone up.
    For someone who is so critical you would think you would have much to offer.....not going to hold my breath waiting for you to take a biblical stand, but not going to ignore your cheap shots either.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I made an observation that Calvinists don't like to use tracts. It's a valid observation. Just like the observation that Calvinists don't do altar calls. It's not petty nonsense, it's delineating an evangelical technique.

Couldn't care less.

I wasn't crying about it, I was offering you a more efficient way to accomplish your task of Disliking my posts.

Your selective memory strikes again. Here's a post by me from this thread:

I've posted many, many substantive posts showing the errors of Calvinism, mostly by posing questions your theology can't answer. You just don't like them. Eventually, the rebuttal is usually, "It's a mystery" or "God is sovereign, I'm not going to question Him."

7. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "InTheLight,

Some Cals on here disputed that already. You are welcome to your opinion.Many cals do not think that is the most effective way to get it done.

They do not do them because they are completely unbiblical.
    Baptists churches do not have a physical "altar" anyhow.

Let me know what you think of this-
    http://www.sgbcsv.org/literature/WhyWeDoNotUseTheInvitationalSystem.pdf

It is not a Biblical technique

So why are you so concerned with it?

I go post by post....I might have liked some of yours...I do not recall.

You addressed that to Rippon....i stayed out of it.

I have clearly not seen one such post. Start a thread and offer any of these unanswerable questions. I will not avoid any of your questions. I would much prefer that and I think we could benefit from that kind of interaction.

I am quite sure I have never answered you that way...could you show one time? or better yet in your new thread I guarantee you will not see that answer from me.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not - repeat NOT against passing out tracts - But apparently Evan thinks that is the only way to evangelize. BTW, I do pass out tracts/
    Allow me to paraphrase Paul ( I Cor 14:19) ...I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.

I would rather establish a relationship with 5 families, than pass out a thousand tracks.

• Like Like x 2
  9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps it is the only way, or at least best way, for Evan to be faithful in witnessing to others. I also do not use tracts (although I have been known to use a Bible in discussion and leave it with the person). I like establishing relationships also. And I certainly do not street preach. But I don’t think it is wrong of Evan to use tracts or even to post here for feedback expecting his method to be a given.

Evan and I often have differences of opinion and view. But I know people who have never shared their faith at all while Evan is street preaching and handing out tracts downtown Denver. Frankly, I may argue with him over some of his theology, but I have no room to be judgmental over his practice of open air preaching and even using tracts. I disagree that it is the preferred method, but it is his preferred method....and I certainly wouldn't want to discourage him in sharing the gospel.

#109 JonC, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Granted with what you said Jon - but I dont want Evan to say its wrong if someone is NOT passing out tracts.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

Yours is a valid point, and we should have no unbiblical 'techniques' whatsoever, and so as a reminder we have 2 Cor. 4:2;

'But we have renounced disgraceful, underhanded ways. We refuse to practice cunning or to tamper with God's word, but by the open statement of the truth we would commend ourselves to everyone's conscience in the sight of God.'

not handling the word of God deceitfully. They did not corrupt it with human doctrines, or mix and blend it with philosophy, and vain deceit; they did not wrest the Scriptures to serve any carnal or worldly purpose; nor did they accommodate them to the lusts and passions of men; or conceal any part of truth, or keep back any thing which might be profitable to the churches:

but by the manifestation of the truth, commending themselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God; that is, they with all plainness and evidence clearly preached the truth as it is in Jesus, presenting it to, and pressing it upon the consciences of men; where they left it, and to which they could appeal; and all this they did, in the sight and presence of the omniscient God, to whom they knew they must give an account of themselves and their ministry.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

Agreed. Wonder when there will be a change?

His actions are clearly seen, he is offering nothing doctrinally, nothing from Biblically explained texts but rather short little quips to malign and ridicule others who do. It would be a major step in the right direction for the contempt of his postings to be supplanted by biblical insight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Wayman went to collect the tip from his customer's table when he realized the money was fake.

"Instead of money, the guest had left Wayman a religious pamphlet disguised to look like money with the recommendation that he seek "faith thru Jesus Christ" and start reading the bible."

http://www.wfaa.com/story/features/2016/01/12/waiter-annoyed-after-20-tip-turned-out-fake/78685404/

14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I just saw that on Facebook and my unsaved friends are saying quite a few things about "Christians" like this. :( What a horrible testimony.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Agree Agree x 2