1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New Noah's Ark ready to sail

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by JamieinNH, Apr 29, 2007.

1. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

SCHAGEN, Netherlands (AP) -- The massive central door in the side of Noah's Ark was thrown open Saturday -- you could say it was the first time in 4,000 years -- drawing a crowd of curious pilgrims and townsfolk to behold the wonder.

Of course, it's only a replica of the biblical Ark, built by Dutch creationist Johan Huibers as a testament to his faith in the literal truth of the Bible.

Reckoning by the old biblical measurements, Johan's fully functional ark is 150 cubits long, 30 cubits high and 20 cubits wide. That's two-thirds the length of a football field and as high as a three-story house. (Watch a tour of the replica Ark [​IMG])

STORY LINK

Jamie

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder if he built it due to global warming:laugh:

3. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Uhm... No, although the article did state that it was "logical that the replica project would be the brainchild of a Dutchman: Fear of flooding is ingrained in the country's collective consciousness by its water-drenched history"

The article also stated that it was "built by Dutch creationist Johan Huibers as a testament to his faith in the literal truth of the Bible."

Jamie

4. Ralph III

Ralph III New Member

Thanks Jamie for posting that. I was going to do so myself but it was off the Fox website when I got home later. It is a Great Story and I wish we had such to see locally. I am posting something on a Creation Museum which is opening in May though.

take care:wavey:

5. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I also wish it was closer by. I would love to see it.

Jamie