1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New York Times ‘Wouldn’t Recognize’ Real Scandal

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Sep 2, 2008.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=34979

New York Times ‘Wouldn’t Recognize’ Real Scandal

Tuesday, September 02, 2008
    By Susan Jones, Senior Editor

(CNSNews.com) - Former Sen. Fred Thompson, himself a presidential hopeful earlier in the campaign, plans to address the Republican National Convention on Tuesday night. He told Fox News his message will be “John McCain.”

SNIP

“I noticed the New York Times this morning had three stories on their front page that are essentially about Sarah Palin’s children. I don’t think they get it. I don’t think they have a clue as to what is going on out in the country …They are trying their best to drag her down in any way and apply a double standard to her that they wouldn’t apply to anybody else,” Thompson said.

“The New York Times wouldn’t recognize a scandal if it walked down Main Street under a spotlight until it got to be a Republican or someone like Sarah Palin,” he added.

It’s not just the NY Times, Thompson said. He pointed a finger at liberal bloggers as well: “It just goes to show they’re in a state of panic over this woman...

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are only going to create sympathy for her.