1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Newt Gingrich Admits to Having Affair

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by JFox1, Mar 9, 2007.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I certainly would give more consideration to voting for a sinner who has publicly confessed his sins of adultery and hypocrisy than one who advocates the murder of the innocent and endorses the sin of homosexual acts, and feels no sense of remorse for doing so.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

This goes deeper than a political debate. This mirrors those other threads where certain people think certain sins disqualify a person for life from certain jobs or ministries.

The funny thing is that they define the sins and they define the jobs and ministries they are disqualified for. In other words, their attitude is God forgives, but you pay forever. Forgiveness means forgiveness in this life and the next. If a person has repented of his or her sins, seeked the will of God, God can restore anyone to any position or qualify that person for a position. This is up to God, not a group of self righteous sinful people in a forum setting their standards on others.

If God does not want that person restored, He will take care of it in His way.

As far as this case goes, I agree with Carpro. Better repent and sinful than blatant sin and no remorse.

If I do not vote for Newt Gingrich, it will be based on disagreement about issues. Moral issues in my mind come into account when they continue. ( like the rest of the democratic and republican abortionists.)

3. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

I'm glad to hear that there's at least one person o0n this board who doesn't lump all Democrats together. You don't have much company in that belief.

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

There are good Christian people of all stripes in both political parties. I dont believe in lumping anyone to a broad catagory. Your views seem reasonable even when I do not agree with them.

Where I lose patience is self righteous sinners trying to impose their own flawed standards on others, or what their opinion of the Bible is on others. We each have the Holy Spirit to guide us into all things, and dont need advice from omniscient wanna bes that are all over the board.

The only ones I would link into one broad catagory are politicians from both major political parties. They are power hungry, self serving animals with no interest in the welfare of the American people, or at least 90%.

#24 saturneptune, Mar 10, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2007
  5. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Well, I will be the first to admit that my bias on this particular issue is personal. I know first hand the continuing damage that is done to a family when the father cheats on and/or leaves his family. I also know that it's very easy to like the person who does this and not trust them again - Even with repentance - it takes a lot of action to heal the hurts.

I was in Cobb County GA in the 80s. Newt was my representative. I had voted for him. He pulled this stunt with his wife right after the last time my dad left my mom.

Vote for Newt if he's on the ticket. I just don't think I can. Too much baggage on his part or mine, but it's there none-the-less.

#25 mcdirector, Mar 10, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2007
  6. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

I remember in the Nineties the Mantra quoted by Newt over and over again was "Character Counts!"
    Guess it counts for everbody but Newt Gingrich.