1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NFL Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by NateT, Jan 3, 2005.

1. NateT

NateT Member

Just thought I'd start a playoffs thread now that the teams are finalized.

My thoughts in that the Colts, Chargers and Eagles will all fall apart in the playoffs. Seems to happen quite regularly with the Eagles. Marty Schottemheimer's teams (SD) never seem to do any good either, and the colts have no defense.

What are your thoughts?

2. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I am a huge Broncos fan so I hope you are right about the Colts. Like I posted earlier, I predict the Super Bowl will have 2 teams that will surprise most people.

3. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

The new season starts today! AF Guy you are close to being prophetic. At least one of the teams in Super Bowl will shock most people.

4. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

im a chiefs fan, but although im disappointed, id love to see the seahawks make it. but that isnt gonna happen from where im sittin

5. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And all of God's people said.....AMEN!

AF Guy, you remember the Orange Crush days? The Three Amigos? [​IMG]

Wish as I may, I think Payton and Co have their number. [​IMG]

6. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I am pulling for the Colts to make it and win it all. However my brain tells me that it will probably be the Pats again this year.

7. NateT

NateT Member

Well to the bronco fans and to J.A.B check this out, my wife (and her WHOLE family) are broncos fans, I'm a Chiefs fan from KC. There is a little bit of rivalry in our house. We've got our daughter playing a game where she'll say "Go broncos" and I'll tickle her, so she'll say "Go chiefs" then her mom gets her.

I think the colts will beat the broncos, then lose to the pats. How about Minnesota, they're 8-8 maybe they can be the first team without a winning record to win the SB :D

8. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

Don't have anything to add at this time. Just wanted to record Post #1000 on this thread!
    WallyGator

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since the Cowboys aren't in the playoffs, I am rooting for the Colts.

10. PastorSBC1303

Ken you should after their QB got you so many points in Fantasy Football [​IMG]

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. I've acquired a bit of an affection for the Colts. [​IMG]

12. padredurand

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They lost to the Giants. Are the Cowboys even in the NFL? :D

13. PastorSBC1303

I lost all respect for the Cowboys after the way the dealt with Tom Laundry, a great man of God and a great coach. Jerry Jones is a black mark on the NFL, in my opinion.

14. padredurand

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry NateT. Didn't mean to sidetrack your topic, but the 'Boys did fire Mr. Football. Okay, 5 more days:

</font>
    • Rams (8-8) vs Eagles (9-7): Rams. Eagles took the last 3 weeks off, no TO, no way to win.</font>
    </font>
    • Jets (10-6) vs Chargers (12-4) Chargers. Jets improved but they can't play with the big boys. Weren't the Chargers 4-12 this time last year?</font>
    </font>
    • Broncos (10-6) vs Colts (12-4):My heart say Go Broncos, my head says Manning's the man.</font>
    </font>
    • Vikings (8-8) vs Packers (10-6):Know the first drill they do at Vikings training camp? They teach the Heimlich maneuver.</font>
    Anyone else want to bash the Cowboys?

15. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cowboy bashing is our favorite sport here. We do it better than anybody.

As to the Eagles? Well, they've been sleepin', it's true. But you know that old saying, "Let sleeping dogs lie?" There's a reason for that. We're rested up and ready to go!

Go Eagles!

16. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

I sure hope you're right! I worry about the Patriots secondary, though. The Pats may have a lot of trouble keeping the Colts from scoring. I think January 16th in Foxboro is going to be an air show.

17. west

west New Member

Hoping for my Steelers. But I think it will be the Colts .

18. padredurand

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    After the way the Blitzburg practice squad disassemble the Bills last week? I don't think we've even begun to see what the Steelers are capable of. Three weeks ago I was ready for a Keystone Super Bowl. The other PA team is waiting for Prince Charming to kiss them out of their snooze. You snooze you lose, they say. [​IMG]

19. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

[/QUOTE]After the way the The other PA team is waiting for Prince Charming to kiss them out of their snooze. You snooze you lose, they say. [/QB][/QUOTE]

I know what you mean about the Eagles. I don't think they're going to be sharp in the playoffs with all that snoozing. I really think the Patriots and the Steelers are the best teams in the NFL. The Colts playoff record over the past three years has not been that good. Two years ago the Jets shut them out in the playoffs

20. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

The Eagles had one of the easiest schedules ever. I have been an Eagles fan all my life before transplanting here to the Tampa Bay area about 2 years ago and I am ready for the "Big Letdown".
    T.O. getting hurt near the end of the season is just typical Philly style. Philly is a losing city. The only team that ever brought us any pride are the Flyers. That is if you dont count the 1980 Phils.